Where Can I Take My 2 Year Old to Ride Ponies/horses?

My two year old is CRAZY about horses/ponies. She tells us multiple times, each day that she wants to ride a horse. She rides on ponies at church events, neighborhood events, and birthday parties but those are only 3-4 times a year. Where can I take my daughter to ride (just for fun, not riding lessons or anything)? I hear they have pony rides at the Dallas Zoo--any opinions?

Thank you to everyone for your help! We took our daughter to the feed store in Mesquite and she had a blast! We plan on trying out the other places too.

In Mesquite, at the SE corner of Town East and Beltline, there are pony rides on the weekend that cost a couple of dollars. It is across from the feed store.

Good Morning!
There is a place in Mesquite at Beltline and I believe Town East... It's a feed store and They have little pony's for rides across from the store. Not sure what days or the cost but I have driven by it a number of times and think "I'm gonna bring my kids" Never get the chance but hope you bring your little girl...

Try Frisco Horse Park. I'm not sure if they take them that young, but they do have small ponies there.

R W,

You are correct they have pony rides at the zoo for $2.

I was recently at the Stock yards and they had miniature horse rides. They were really cute. It costs 8 dollars and I think they went on a little trail. We were there on a Saturday so I am not sure if they are there everyday.

At Kearney's General Store in Mesquite....corner of Town East Blvd. & Beltline Rd. they have always had pony rides. The ponies go in a circle. You may want to call them and see when and if they still do that. They have their own ponies.

I see pony rides a lot at various local events...but I do not know what the business names are.

Oooh, how about a trip to the Mesquite Rodeo! I know they have pony rides there and I think that admission, etc. was pretty reasonable. Good luck!

I do not know where you live, but on the corner of Beltline and Town East Blvd. There is a feed store and they have ponies set up for children to ride. I'm sorry I do not know the name of feed - maybe Kearney's ? It is in Mesquite. Of course Sandy Lake Ammusement Park (Carrolton - I35 and Sandy Lake Rd) has ponies and once you pay to get in, you can buy tickets a few dollars to do pony rides, along with other amusement rides. Not a big place, maybe 10 rides. During ROdeo time I think the Mesquite Rodeo has pony rides too.

1 / 3