Where Can I Sell My Toddlers' Clothes Besides Once upon a Child?

I took a lot of my girls' clothes to Once Upon a Child and to my surprise a lot of it or I should say most of it came back to me. I thought for sure they would want to buy it. I checked it for stains, etc. Anyone know where else I can sell the clothes to?

Try a children's resale sponsored by a parents group or church. The organizations typically do a profit split such as 85 to you, 15% to them, or similar. Parents Who Care is hosting a fall/winter resale on September 19th in Hoffman Estates. If you are interested in finding out more, email ____@____.com You can sell children's or maternity clothing, toys, equipment, baby gear etc.

Have you tried Craig's List or ebay?

I tried Thrifty Baby in the city, but when the girl called me back to read me the rules she was spacey and confusing, then told me it would be 6 weeks before she could give me an appointment to come in.

I checked with O Joy! in Oak Park and she is not accepting items right now either. You can make an appointment closer to August. With that shop though, you only get paid when your items sell, so you just leave them there and hope for a good return.

I am interested in others' responses, too, since I have 3 bins of baby clothes and books I'd like to sell for more than .50 a piece at a garage sale, which is what I usually do.

OUC is really picky about clothes, even if no stains they won't take stuff if there is the slight pilling or something else they don't like. There is a website called handmedowns.com or something like that. I have seen it suggested here before and I did visit a few times. There are a lot of listings that seem to go fast. Also Craigslist is a great place to list, especially for toddlers clothes. I have been looking at what is out there and mostly boys' stuff is listed so you might do well. Good luck.

If you have the time, I would sell it on Ebay. I've been able to get rid of a ton of stuff on there & made enough money to buy my daughter new clothes, toys etc. Its a nice part time income for us! You can do "lots" of clothing but definitely start at a reasonable price & be willing to go to the post office once a week to ship things.

The hands down best place is http://tradingcradles.com

1 / 3