Where Can I Give Away Baby Clothes?

Hi, I was hoping some of you may know places where I can give baby clothes where people who need them can get them for free? I have a bunch of outgrown clothes that are in decent shape, but I want to give them away to someone who may not be able to pay for things. So I'd like to avoid Goodwill or the clothes collection boxes at shopping centers. I did try to call one pregnancy center near our home, but they only take new or "like new". The stuff I have to give away is not stained and is in good condition, but some of it is slightly worn. If any of you know where I can donate it where the recipients can get if for free, I'd really appreciate it. We have girls' clothes from birth through 9 months right now. Thanks!!

you might want to try homeless shelters or a good one is a battered womens shelter most or all the women in these shelters have babies. from my personal experiance i was very thankful that someone donated baby clothes to the shelter i was at. in most situations most of the women in a battered shelter have to get up and go with their kids and go with nothing but the clothes there wearing! its sad but true and i can tell you from my personal experiance you would make some mom/baby/kid very happy

-C.

K.,

Great idea! Try womens' shelters they are always looking for donations, as many of the women leave their homes with only the clothing on their backs, same goes for their children.
Hope this helps!

I agree that a church may be the best place to start. It would also be anonymous. My church has a clothing drive once a year. I would imagine there is a church in your area that would be able to take them.

First of all I think it is really great what you are doing. I think you should ask your church or any local church if they have any needy families that could use some great baby clothing and toys. I'm sure they would know of someone. Good luck!

K., I would like to tell you that it is very thoughtful of you to try to find a place that will give your clothes to people that need them. I think that churches are a good place. You could also consider homeless shelters, and international charities. I tried doing a google search so I could give you something more specific, but I don't know where you live. I came up with some places in Chicago. try google.

Salvation Army! In some cities you can bag/box it up, call and schedule pick-up, and they will come to your home and pick up from the curb. What's great about this is you can request a receipt (max $250 p/pick up). You can use those receipts when filing your taxes (deductions).

I call Salvation Army for everything (furniture, clothes, household items, toys, etc.). They give it away to those in need.

1 / 3