Where Can I Buy Herbal Bags/pillows/wraps for Headaches and Shoulder Pain.

Updated on October 22, 2007
L.L. asks from Aurora, IL

I had bought one 8 years ago at a show and dont remember the name of the company. I bought a small bag for sinus headaches and works great, i have it in the freezer. I am dealing with shoulder pain and have done physical therapy in the past and noticed that heat treatments/packs help the pain. I'm tired of buying those expensive patches adn was wondering if i could use the one i have for my shoulder. Again i dont know if i can put in the microwave so i'm scared to try it.
Anyways does anybody know of a store or a good website that i can order another pillow for my headaches and one for my shoulder pain? Like i said the one i have lasted me this long but its time for a new one its looking pretty beat up.
I"m open to any suggestions as well . Thanks in advance

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

R.R.

answers from Chicago on

If you have a sewing machine, you can make your own! You don't have to be wonderfully crafty. Just buy a small bit of muslin or other 100% cotton material and some flannel. Make a bag the size you'd like out of the muslin and fill it 3/4 full with dry, uncooked rice or flax seed. Then make a slightly larger cover out of the flannel.
You can add dried herbs directly into the bag or put a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball and place inside the cover.
The muslin bag of rice or seed can be microwaved. But don't microwave essential oils - add them after the bag is warmed.
If you're not interested in making your own, here's a nice website with a large variety of styles... http://www.aromatherapyricebags.com/

R.

R.

answers from Chicago on

Try Whole Foods andyou can also look online under massage, natural, and chiropractor supplies.

J.M.

answers from Chicago on

Zano's sells them or something really similar.

F.J.

answers from Chicago on

You xcan check my website we have lavendar and cranberry wraps which I love for my back pain!! Their are also booties
this link shoudl take you right to the wraps. http://www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/faithjones/products/...
We also have some gel things for the freezer for the eyes... those are very nice. These items can be delivered right to your door!!

Next question: Summer Receiving Blankets?