Where and What Did You Buy?

My hubby and I have decided to move our daughter from a toddler bed to a full sized regular bed however we are not sure what kind of mattress and box spring she needs. We want something durable and comfortable for a growing child. Where did you purchase your child's first mattress and what kind did you buy? Any suggestions for a purchase and delivery in the northwestern Chicago suburbs? Thanks!

We bought our daughter's bed frame from a place called Beds Beds Beds! in Downers Grove. It is/was a chain, but they may be out of business now. But most of these bed stores have loft systems. The bed frame we bought is the bottom part of a loft system because it is super low to the ground. Even if she falls out of the bed, she doesn't have far to go. We only paid $99 for it. You can always buy the top part of a loft system later if you need the kids to bunk too.

The mattress we got her is a memory foam mattress. I LOVE this mattress. It is so comfortable. We ordered it online through Costco and it was delivered with the mail in a box that looked way too small to hold a twin sized mattress. Another nice thing about a memory foam mattress is the fact that it is not bouncy. The kids don't try to jump on the bed because it is no fun.

The most comfortable mattress in our house is from Original Mattress Factory. Do you have one of those nearby?

Don't make the mistake we did--buying a one-sided mattress for our son's first set--SO not worth it. He's 8 and it will be replaced this year. AND I have a foam topper on it PLUS a super cushy mattress pad.

My advice for the mattress: get something decent. OMF has great products!

We had an old twin sized bed and put our first son in it. Then I got pregnant and when I sat on the bed beside him, I slid off of it because it wasn't firm enough anymore! LOL!

So, we went out and bought a twin to take its place, a regular garden variety mattress that wasn't soft, but not too terribly hard.

Don't know where to tell you to go, but if you happen to have a minivan, it will actually fit in it and you won't have to pay delivery fees.

We got an all wood full bed from pottery barn teen and a foam mattress (not tempurpedic but similar style) for our (then) 3 1/2 year old. The bed should see him though high school!

The only advice I have is to buy a flippable one instead of the one sided ones - it'll last 2x as long.

I wouldn't move my toddler to a full sized bed - i would move her to a twin bed first...that's me.

Mattress Discounters...there are many - do a google search for companies in your area. Sears even sells mattresses!!

We bought Greg's mattress at Costco and brought it home ourselves. It was a Simmons.

We are going through the same thing with our son.We went to a bunch of different places but found the best deal at Sears.They have free delivery and no interest for a year going on right now through the 1/7/12..I believe.We went with a full size bed and box spring by Serta.Our set was $580,but they had some other nice ones for less.We went with a cushion firm so it was a little more.We are hoping it will last a while.The mattress also has a 10 yr.warranty which is nice.Happy shopping!

1 / 3