When Do You Un-decorate?

for Halloween?......day after (but some of my stuff doubles as thanksgiving)
thanksgiving?.........day after
Christmas?......not until after new years

im just curious :)

It's very known, that within minutes of opening gifts at Christmas, I will begin taking things down, lol.

Halloween - day after, weather-permitting
Thanksgiving - I don't decorate for it, as we never host
Christmas - interior decorations come down on the feast of the Epiphany (the 12th day of Christmas) - exterior decorations come down after all the snow and ice melts & I can get up on the ladder without worrying about falling to my death

My Halloween stuff is already in the attic.
I don't "decorate" for Thanksgiving. I don't hst and we know it's Thanksgiving. LOL
Jan 1st - 3rd us usually my UNdecorating deadline for Christmas.

I only decorate for Christmas. I do it 1st or 2nd week in December. I have a Thing about having the tree up on New Years, but not going into the New Year with last years stuff up, so, I take down the tree on New Years Day.

Oh Jim, I'm with you!! If my daughter would let me take down the junk as she is opening gifts I would!! Decorations can't go up more than two weeks before Chritmas and I guess I'll survive with Dec. 26th as take down day.

Halloweeny stuff comes down the day after Halloween and we keep up only Fall themed items. The day after Thanksgiving all the fall stuff comes down and Christmas stuff goes up. Then the Christmas stuff comes down after New Years.

We love decorating for the holidays but I don't like tons of clutter so it is all pretty manageable and simple....but beautiful.

Good luck and best wishes at having a wonderful holiday season!!

Halloween, today, Thanksgiving, the Friday after, and Christmas, New Year's Day : )

I have very few Halloween items and those get put away the weekend of/after Halloween. Most of my decorations are "fall" decor and stay up until the day after Thanksgiving when I put them away and put up the tree and decorate for Christmas. Christmas decor comes down New Year's day/wknd.

1 / 3