When Do Infants Stop Taking Two Naps?

Just wondering when babies usually stop taking two naps?

Mine was 18 months but all kids are different. Mine told me he was ready by taking a normal morning nap followed by a terribly short afternoon nap. :)

I think it depends on the child. My daughter is 18 months and still needs two naps most days. But, I've had other moms tell me that their child decided to stop taking naps all together at her age.

I am not sure in general. For my son who is 20 months now, it was around 9 months.
He just stayed awake all morning or the morning naps he took were shorter and shorter so I started putting him down between 12:30p -1:30pm and he sleeps for 3 hours in the afternoon.

All three of my kids stopped taking two naps at 14 months.

I think it really varies by child-- my older boy stopped around 14 months and my younger one was closer to 24-- lucky me!

My daughter who is 14 months takes a nap 3 hours after waking up. She just gets so sleep, and she will sleep from 1 hour - 2 hours. Then around 4:00 she gets tired again and takes a nap for about 1 hour.

My son transitioned to one nap around 20 months. Now instead of two hours long naps it is one 2 hour nap. Every child is different.

Yes, all children are different. I was lucky....my daughter took two naps until she was two years old!

1 / 3