When Do Hormones Return to "Normal" After Childbirth?

Ok mommas!! I had my son 81/2 months ago and my hormone are still all over the place. I know that it varies from person to person, but how long is to long? I'm sure my family wants the old me back and I do too!
**I'm not breastfeeding. Thanks gals! I'll look at the imbalance thing because it can get over the to hormonal.

Hi--
Try taking Chaste tree berry, also known as vitex. It's an herb that helps to balance the hormones and works great.

For most women the hormones return to normal after weaning (for some earlier, others take a few months longer).
Have you considered that it's not just your hormones?
Personally I think that having a child is something that triggers a permanent change in your self, your family dynamics, your relatioships, the way you feel and think and mostly your priorities. At least it is this way for me.
I don't think I will ever go back to my "pre-motherhood" self. The things that I once thought important to me just aren't any more, while other things that I have never though I would like, I really enjoy now.
That takes a while to get used to, too.

It can depend on whether you breastfeed or not. When you breastfeed, the hormones hang out a little longer to help your body produce milk. I breastfed for 14.5 months. However, after a year, she slowly started weaning herself, and the less she nursed, the more my hormones balanced. My daughter is 16 months now and I am finally starting to feel back to normal. It was really hard for me for a while, but I am finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope yours get better soon, too! I know how it is. ^_^ Good luck momma!

The hormones are tricky...are you breastfeeding? If so, that can have an impact on them.

Hi--

Well, my son is now 2.5, and I think that I am back to normal. Still hoping my hair might return to the golden blonde it was, but that may be a sacrifice of having 3 happy healthy children! :) Here's to the salon!

It took me about a year to get back to normal. I think it's a combination hormones and sleep disruption etc.

Hi there,

I have no idea what you mean by "not normal" but I do know several mamas who have been diagnosed with postpartum depression lately. Like I said I have no idea if that might be what you are dealing with but it is worth going to your dr and seeing what they think. I hope I am not scaring you. I just think it is better to be safe then sorry. Plus a counselor or other professional might help a lot!!! (one of these friends has only had it with her second baby just in case this is your second).

hmm... I was really hot for 2 years after my child was born.. so I think it took taht long for my homones to get back to normal.

1 / 3