When Did Your Child OUTGROW His/her Toddler Bed (Size Wise?)

My daughter is 2.5 years old and roughly 36 inches (probably taller but that was the height at her 2 year checkup). She's in a toddler bed now (only because she's in a small bedroom).

For those of you who bought a toddler bed for your average / short / or tall toddler, at what age did they outgrow it? She has a few inches now to get to the bottom of the bed (maybe five)...so I figure it'll at least be a few years, but I am not really sure?

Obviously you cannot tell me when we'll need to go larger with OUR child, but I wanted to know when YOU made the switch. I'm hoping she can last another 2-3 years which is when we're adding onto the house and she'll move into a larger bedroom.

The crib mattress that fits in a toddler bed is 52 inches long. so a child could fit in the toddler bed until they were 52 inches tall. Most kindergardeners are 42 inches tall.. so they will fit in the toddler bed for a long time.

My daughter is 4 and 41 inches..(tall for her age) and she fits in her toddler bed.. she will stay in the toddler bed as long as she can.. her room is smallish and the toddler bed fits better..

PS. a full size crib is also known as a "6 year crib" as most 6 year olds will still fit in a crib... so most 6 year olds will fit nicely in a toddler bed..

My daughter came out of a toddler bed age 3 , she moves around ALOT in her sleep and we found that it just wasn't wide enough and she kept waking as she was hitting the sides. Since going to a twin bed she no longer wakes and it much happier.

My son was out of his toddler bed when he was about 3-1/2 but just bc we bought him "real" furniture. We had a neighbor with a daughter with a teeny tiny bedroom and she slept in a toddler bed til she was over 4.

We moved our kids around 41/2. They just seemd to need more room to move around.

My daughter is 4 1/2 and still uses her toddler bed. She is average to above average in height. She will be moving to a twin soon because her younger sister needs the toddler bed.

Our daughter moved to a regular bed at 3, although she wasn't too big yet - she probably could have stayed another year if need be. I doubt you can keep your child in a toddler bed another 2-3 years though - past 4 seems like pushing it.

My daughter just turned 4, but we switched her out of her toddler bed around August or so. So, she was about 3 1/2 then. She's about 36" tall now. We are actually currently just borrowing a twin mattress (not box springs) from my parents. I switched her not for her height, but how she slept in the bed. She always ended up laying the wrong way! I felt so bad for her laying that way on a small bed! lol She's still all over the place on the twin mattress, but she at least has some more room!

As long as your daughter seems comfortable, she could stay in the toddler bed for a while.

My twin girls will be 5yrs this week and they are still in theirs. They are about 40in tall and still fit fine. They take up less room and I'm not ready to spend the $ on new big beds so I'm letting them stay in those til they outgrow them. My girls are small so it works-my son was double their size so he went from crib to twin bed.

1 / 3