When Did You Start Showing with Your Third Pregnancy?

Hey there. I just found out I am pregnant with our third baby this weekend (after five positive test! Lol!)!! We are thrilled. Anyways the reason I took the test is because I noticed my stomache was sticking out. My stomache is normally completely flat. I only weigh 110 lbs. I should be only four weeks. Should I be showing so soon?? I started showing at 5 weeks with my second child...but four weeks seems really early. We had a very early miscarrage at only 2-3 weeks four months ago. I am wondering if my body is just used to being pregnant. I also have to consider the possibility of twins too I guess (though I won't even bring that up to my husband yet!). We were trying to get pregnant for almost a year and I was on Clomid for three months. Oh geez! Well how soon did you start showing with your third baby??

With my third I was almost exclusively in maternity pants by 8 weeks. My pants were already getting tight before the positive pregnancy test and I was having to pop the button and use a rubber band between taking the test and givng up and going into maternity pants.

I showed right away with the third and fourth. In fact, I was in maternity pants before I even missed my period. Mention it to the OB though b/c they did an early ultrasound to ease my mind about twins.

I had twins with my first pregnancy, and I am 12 weeks along with our third baby. I had to switch to maternity clothes at 4.5 weeks. Since this is your third, I wouldn't be too concerned about twins. While growing large is a sign of twins, it is not likely an indicator of twins. This is your third. Your abdominal muscles are beyond stretched out, so things will pop sooner.

When you are thin, you can expect to show early. After each pregnancy, the way has been paved, so to speak from other pregnancies, so with me, personally speaking because I am currently pregnant with #4, I showed early with each one. Doctors calculate pregnancy from the first day of your last period...so you would count from that point to today...that will tell you how far along you are by your doctor's calculation, not the time you "think" you conceived since it's impossible to know exactly when conception occurred. Most doctors won't see you until you are at least 6 weeks anyway.

Congrats!

I started showing at 6 weeks w/ my third baby and I weighed 115. It makes perfect sense that you, at a tiny 110, are showing after 4 weeks. Totally normal! Congrats!

Well everyone is different. But from what you explained your probably showing more because of miscarrage and because your skinny. Skinny people show faster because there belly pops out faster because of the flast abs. But I wouldn't worry you should still be fine for most of your close till atleast 8weeks to maybe aroun 9 or ten weeks you will have to start wearing pregnancy close unless your close are uncomfortable now but I wouldn't wear anything but the pants till your farther along. If there is a chance for twins you may want to bring that up to the ob and get a ultrasound done aroun 7 weeks for confirmation of pregnancy at that time they can not only see but maybe hear a heartbeat if they do it vaginal and also see if theres one or two. Good luck!!

i am not tiny,( but had a flat tummy) and still started showing at 4 weeks with our 3rd:)congrats!!!

Well to make you feel better it's probably just water and some bloating right now. I was like you (starting weight for third baby was 110) and i felt like I had a small pooch at 5 weeks. with my first 1st and 2nd baby I didn't start showing until 6 months along so when I got that pooch so early this time I got worried I was going to be huge! But thankfully that didn't happen. I honestly kept that small pooch until just about a week ago. I finally "popped" at 22 weeks which is just starting my 6 month. So I bet you'll just keep the pooch for a while like me. I also read that even though the baby is so small right now your uterus is already starting to grow in preparation for the baby so being thin you will notice a bump much sooner now.

1 / 3