When Can I Start Using Conditioner on My Daughters Hair?

My daughter is 3 now, has curly hair that is just impossible to get a comb into without a quarter bottle of de-tangler. When I can start using conditioner in her hair?

I started using Fairy Tales shampoo and leave in conditioner on her and it's working great. Even with out the leave in conditioner her hair is so much easier to brush now. Plus it's suppose to help prevent lice.

I've used conditioner on my daughter's hair since she was about 2 or 3. She has thick coarse hair...

I used conditioner on my boys when they were little. My middle boys has the softest hair ever and it is so nice when I put conditioner in it. My youngest and oldest have thicker hair so its just nicer when I can put conditioner in it.

I've used a leave in conditioner on my daughters hair (2 1/2) and have for at least a year. She doesn't like the rinsing part, so I skip it during bathtime but put it on just before I comb her hair. I bought something at the health food store (Alba organics I think). Works great for me. If she's especially wily I'll put a little in her palm and let her put it on her head herself.

I would already be using it. It doesn't hurt their eyes or skin so go ahead.

I've always used conditioner on my girls' hair. I actually buy the 2-in-1 shampoos to make combing a much more pleasant and tearfree experience from the beginning.

If you get a natural, preferably unscented conditioner, you should be able to use one now. Be cautious about scented products – kids (and adults) can become sensitized to them. Many contain toxic ingredients. For LOTS of information on these, here's a useful website, Skin Deep Safety: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

:) Now. And comb it with the conditioner in it while in the shower. Same token, PLEASE feel free to add a curl product to her hair after the shower to help prevent tangles throughout the day. One of my favorties is Bumble & Bumble Get Straight Gel... it WILL NOT make her hair straight at all... but it *will* make her hair quite slippery / soft (as opposed to most gels and mousses that do "crisp"). It's one of the ONLY gels that you can comb through / style after it's in... and that will leave her hair feeling soft afterward. It's pretty expensive, ($20) but it's worth it.

People who don't have curly hair / kids with really curly hair don't understand that those gorgeous ringlets DREADlock without product in it (and what we all really want is to make our toddlers cry for 15 minutes + while we comb them out, right?) But those of us with curls will be singing your praises from dawn to dusk for not putting your daughter through the pain that we went through as kids.

California Baby makes an all natural, organic conditioner safe for infants. I use it on my daughter's hair (she's 20 months) and it works really nicely. I use the leave-in because it's easier, and that's what I like for my hair anyway. You can find it at Diapers.com.

My daughter's 4 1/2 and we've been using a small amount of Tresseme' conditioner for over a year now. Keeps her curls soft and not frizzy.

You can start when she needs it, so now. Im big on good shampoo/conditioner. Over the counter items have stuff that weights down your hair and makes it look greasy quickly. If you go to a salon ask them for something light weight that would be great for curly hair. Good thing is you wont have to wash it but every few days, curly hair is dryer then straight hair so it needs the moisture.

1 / 3