When Can I Start Giving My Baby Apple Juice?

I have a 3 month old son, my first. I was just wondering at what age approximately can I start giving him other things other than formula. I have been told at about 3 1/2 months to start giving him cereal, but I was wondering about like apple juice. Something in his bottle to please him other than formula. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance.

I believe I gave my son Ian apple juice at six months and then I cut it in half with water. I'd like to say I remember clearly but the sad thing is Ian is now three and a half and that seems so long ago. Are you in Springfield, Illinois?

Well, this is an answer from what I did with my kids only. I'm not going to tell you to try the same. I did give my kids juice at three months, half and half water, just to give them a change, but still give them water through the say. Use one kind of juice so you can see if they have alergies to it, same with food when you start, veggies first

you should never give your child anything besides formula/milk or water in the bottle. juice should only come from a cup. juice from a bottle tends to stay in the mouth longer, pooling around a lazy suck.. which leads to dental carries, and can be very troublesome to treat in a child very young.

oh no!!! apple juice is not good for the baby @ that age...i know we as adults like different things and i use to wonder about my child enjoying the "fruits of life" other than just formula EVERYDAY! but he's not ready for it yet. he needs all the nutrients he can get and that's in the formula that he drinks. i have a daughter that is 3 yrs old and i barely give her apple juice because it can cause infections, especially bladder infections. so it's not even good for a 3 yr old either!...as far as cereal goes...4-6 mths is a good time for the cereal...his little belly will be able to handle it then..but start a little bit @ a time ok. don't put in too much because it is a change on his stomach. if he get's constipated, get some KARO syrup ( the clear kind) and add a little to the formula and cereal, helps ease everything out smoothly :). hope i have helped you. let us know how it goes!

Never. Apple juice has no nutritional value, per my pediatrician. The best thing for your child is breastmilk/formula until 4-6 months old, when you can start with rice cereal. Once he switches to whole milk start giving water (one year old).

My opinion is that it is never good to start teaching your child to get satisfaction from food. You can 'please him' with other things like attention or toys. I agree with the bottle thing some other mothers have written. It's horrible for their teeth, even if they don't have any yet. Use a sippi cup.

Just know that whatever you decide to do is not wrong. It's your child and your decision.

R.

Juice. Don't start with apple. You can give juice out of a baby bottle. Just make sure to take a cold wet cloth and wipe out their mouth when they are done! That will prevent the cavities! Or they have oragel tooth and gum cleanser that works. As for food, let your baby give you those cues. Do NOT start it before 4 months however. Do not put cereal in his bottle. This could cause a choking hazard. As for a sippy cup give him one now to play with that way he gets used to it being around and when you introduce him to it with a drink, he will be more prepared.

Definitely cut it with water. I did 1/4 Apple, 3/4 H2O because my daughter would get really bad diapers with apple juice. You may want to think about a white cranberry instead. It isn't as sweet and is really good for your body. I started my duaghter on juice when she was 1 and 1/2 because I really didn't want to give her sweets, but you are the mom and you need to do what is best for you. Try to get the baby used to the things that your family uses, that way the baby will develop and aquire similar tastes and eat food better. Be careful how much fluid you offer because when the baby starts eating, it will effect hunger hugely. I gave my daughter all the milk she wanted and she wouldn't eat a whole lot of food.... I just thought it was her nature, but the doctor said I was giving her too much. He told me to cut her back to 3 c. milk and 1 cup juice (he also said that he would prefer I not give her any juice) and her appetite increased dramatically.

If you are having a problem with your son not being satisfied by the bottle then talk to your doctor about starting cereal. My son was not satisfied by the bottle around 3 months old, and my doctor told me to go ahead and start cereal. I would definatly not start juice of any kind until 6 months though. If you get the go ahead to start cereal then make sure you give him water with it and after he eats. I would not start your son with apple juice either, start with something else, and dilute the juice, I put 3/4 cup water to 1/4 cup juice so they are not getting all that sugar.

i gave my son other stuff at 3 mos and juse at 6 but do half juse and water

1 / 3