When Can a Newborn Go Outside?

i have a one week old baby. i was wondering when he could go outside

I took all my kids out when they were one or two weeks old. I just didn't allow anyone to hold or touch them until they were at least one month old. I did allow family to hold them but only in limited numbers. I also avoided sick people.

Today! As long as you feel up to it there isn't a problem. I didn't go into public (like stores) until 6 weeks, but we went on walks around the neighborhood everyday! They love it. Strap Jayson into the stroller or a baby wrap and go outside. It will do the both of you good!
Love,

Congratulations! You'll get lots of varying answers on this topic.
I asked the dr. the same thing with my first born. She said "unless you have a tunnel from the hospital to your house, the baby will go outside as soon as you leave here."
We ventured out around 1 week also and just kept a light blanket over the carrier to keep people from touching, sneezes,etc. Make sure you wash your hands before picking up the baby, wipe down carts, all that basic germ fighting stuff.

He can go outside as soon as you are ready to take him. Make sure that he is out of the sun and is wearing appropriate clothing. The younger they are the more likely they are to get sick so avoid sick people and don't let too many people touch him (strangers should never touch your baby). Personally I kept my son out of public places for the 2 months as I had a c-section and couldn't get around very well.

Just try to avoid really busy places. You know with all the flu's going on you don't want to expose the baby to that. Just wash your hands before handling him after being in public areas. But he should be fine if you take him out now. I don't know about you but a week at home was driving me crazy so I had to get out. Congrats. on your new baby boy. Take care....

Whenever you want for short periods of time, it helps prevent jaundice.

You got great answers, just wanted to mention sun in their eyes. You're really supposed to protect their eyes when they are little. So just keep his face covered. Even under a blanket in a stroller is fine.

Congratulations! :)

Your baby can go outside with you now. Be sure to keep him out of the sun so he can't get sunburned, away from anyone sick, and away from obvious hazards. Otherwise, babies can go pretty much anywhere you go. (Make sure he's always buckled into his car seat when you drive! I'm sure you know that, but I just had to remind you - it's a mom thing.)

Go out!!! Just avoid really busy places... it's fine :) Congratulations

1 / 3