What Would Your Dream Itinerary Look like If You Went to Disneyworld?

We have the opportunity to take our 5 yo to Disneyworld from 10 days up to 2 weeks over Christmas, so I'm looking for any suggestions on what parks to hit and if there are any that would be better to cover in 2+ days. We want to do it all and take him everywhere!

I've never been so I'm starting my research now. I already have my Disney parks video ordered.

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much. Still waiting for my Disney video but I'm going today to get my copy of the Disney guide book. If I have any questions about anything I'll PM the ones who offered to answer my questions. One thing I might change is going before Christmas. I had no idea how crowded it would be.

Some of you said to pack snacks..some of you said do the dining plan. I'll do my research and see what will work for us.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I Love Disney! taking a 5 year old is a very very good age, he will love it and get to enjoy almost all the rides on the parks!

Christmas is an extremely busy time of the year for the parks, so will need to pack a LOT of patience!

I will send you a private message since I do have tons and tons of recommendations, especially if you have never been. ( I have gone 3 times in the last 2 years).

I would much prefer to see some of the shows that they have than stand in endless lines for the rides...my daughter is going with her grandparents in September and she has a guide book that seems really helpful. I would buy a book so I could plan my day...

I recommend the book "The Unofficial Guide Walt Disney World". It has a wealth of info and the most important part - they have itineraries at the back of the book. All you have to do is follow them ride by ride, they're genius!

If you are wanting to stay only within the Disney complex, I would plan at least 2 days for each park. Disney World during the Christmas holidays is unbelievably crowded. Often the parks will reach capacity before noon each day, and you will have to wait until people leave to be admitted inside. You will need the extra time at each park if you want to do "everything". Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are musts. MGM is cool, though it does have not so interesting parts. EPCOT is great for some, absolutely boring for others. If your little guy is a science fiend, he will enjoy the front side of EPCOT.

Read up on all the information you see and find what works best for your family. Plan, plan, plan. You will want to have an itinerary mapped out for your day to day activities. Also, you will want to make reservations for any dining WAY in advance, as they will book up early.

We have been taking my son to Disney since he was 6 yrs. old. He is 11 now. We are Disney fanatics. The best time to go to Disney is the first 2 weeks of December and also cheaper in price. No lines for any rides those first 2 weeks. You have to stay on Disney Property and you have to get the dining plan, do not go without the dining plan!!! Make your dining reservations 180 days before you go. Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary is a must character meal. The restaurants are awesome and you will not want to miss out on the dining experiences at Disney. Make sure you go to all 4 parks. Epcot will probably not be as exciting for a 5 year old. Magic Kingdom is more age appropriate as well as Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom Resort is amazing, Wilderness Lodge is amazing, Polynesian is awesome too. Those are my favorite. Hope this helps.

There are 4 main parks... my dream vacation would be to spend 3 days at each park. There is SO MUCH to do and see at every park that you have to miss so much because it's so DAMN expensive and we are lucky to have been able to spend ONE day at each park, not even full days.

We have started saving up for another Disney vacation that will be in 2013!! Or we can consider the Florida resident savers pass (no summers, no holidays) and do 3 day vacations over the weekend - 1 weekend per park. I refuse to go to any theme parks over the summer anyways and wait until it gets at least 10 degrees cooler in Nov/Dec before we do anything.

We also saved a lot of money by packing our lunches, snacks and drinks.

Sea World is a MUST. = )
Disney is BIG and it is very hard to get to see everything there in one day. You might need two days for Disney. "The long lines are the problem."
BEWARE ~ THE FOOD COST MORE THAN THE TICKET'S.

For us we bought a loaf of bread and some ham, turkey, and chesse and we made sandwiches and we carried them around in a back pack and we ate that for most of the day and then we bought the food there at dinner.
We also carried some bottled water in the bottom of the back pack.

Make sure that you take your little one to the bathroom when you see one, because when he is like I GOT TO GO, it will be hard to find one at that point and then there might be a line.

Congrat's and Have a blast.

= )

One park a day, every other day and not May-August/September.
If you have to cut out a park here are the ones you should hit, in order of my kids favorites.
Magic Kingdom (possibly 2 days there)
Hollywood Studios
Animal Planet

My kids didn't enjoy Epcot at all, and neither did I. We've never taken the kids to the water park since it's a little extra for our military tickets, but we've always stayed in a condo that had a waterpark. It's never as crowded as Blizzard Beach!
Also, take snacks. We have a cooler that fits perfectly in our stroller and we snack all through the day and usually only eat 1 meal in the park, if we stay all day.
We live 2 hours away so we go often and learn something new for next time every visit! Have fun!!!!

Well we are going to be at Disney next Friday for 13 days. I will check it out and back to you.

1 / 3