What Types of Toys Does Your 7 or 8 Year Old Boy Enjoy?

I was wanting to get a few things for my son, but am clueless about what older boys really like. I want to surprise him. I don't want to spend much but he needs a few new things. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you guys!

Right this minute my almost 7 yr/ old LOVES those little plastic Army Men and to play "castles" w/those plastic knights!

Legos, hot wheels, video games/computer games, DVD's, star wars action figures, army men, bakugan. Board games: monopoly, battleship, connect four, sorry, checkers, chinese checkers. Card games: uno, skipbo.

My boys (8.5 & 4.5) like: transformers, iron man, star wars, ben 10, bakugan, bionicles, nurf shooters & legos.

God bless!

We love our nerf guns and such. But it definitely is more fun for him when we play together. He's an only child so most things this age are either done together or with a friend. He likes to have his goal set up outside (It was less than $40) and he has the ability to play hockey or soccer with that in the yard. The neighbors down the street have a basketball hoop the boys love to play with. Riding bikes is huge thing for us, along with swimming as he can finally make the whole length of the pool doing the butterfly stroke! My son also spends less than an hour a day (as it's limited) playing on the computer. There are great games on abcyah.com for kids that are educational and based on their level in school! Tons of fun.

my son is 11 now but at that age and even up till he was 10 he loved his hot wheels and monster trucks!

Some gifts that have been popular with my nephew (now 12) in the past include binoculars, sporting equipment like footballs/basketballs, books of silly jokes or gross science facts, water guns and nerf dart guns (for outside use), and a swiss army knife. This is in addition to the usual video game stuff like nintendo DS and DS games, which boys are crazy about.

I sell Discovery Toys and I have a few really fun games for boys this age, plus a couple of great summer outdoor toys! You can check out everything on my site at http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/karenchao

For outdoor summer toys, I recommend Hydroblast and Spring & Catch.
For everyday toys and games, he would love Labyrinth, Tricky Fingers and Wiz Kidz. Word Flip is also a lot of fun!

If he's into building things, Marbleworks is the best!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to help you get him some great new stuff.
http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/karenchao

Lego sets, 100-500 piece puzzles, model cars from Hobby Lobby or anything that requires detailed work, art supplies, modeling clay, but it really depends on his interests. he may hate sitting down and doing anything that makes him think or he may love Science/Astronomy and would love a microscope or telescope.

1 / 3