What to Wear to Fair Park Music Hall

We have GREAT tickets to see Phantom of the Opera this Friday night. We have never been there before and are trying to figure out what to wear - how formal is too formal.

We went all out :) It was the first "date" night in about 3yrs. I went in a formal and my husband in parts of his tux (no tie, vest) Our seats were awsome sect E row K and the Phantom was everything I wanted it to be. Afterwards we went to Whataburger :) Loved the looks!

I was there on Sunday, the show is awesome you will love it. People wear anything from jeans to formal dresses, but I would say a majority of the people just wear nice pants and dress shirts. I would guess it would be Sunday best or business attire.

Also get the listening devices. They really make a huge difference. We had first row in the balcony right in the center and the listening devices (which are only $2) make it sound like you are sitting on the stage. I wouldn't experience a show without them.

Put on your prettiest dress, you sexiest shoes, lots of glitzy jewelry and tell your husband to dress accordingly!

What ever you wear, make sure it is comfortable and that you fell beautiful.
Now have a wonderful evening. Enjoy yourself.

I'm envious. I've never seen it and would love to.

Business casual/cocktail. Are you going to dinner as well? I wouldn't say go all out with a tux and formal attire, but dress up and have fun!

We've had season tickets to the DSM for years. You will see every kind of dress -- blue jeans and sneakers to tuxes and long gowns. Wear what you would like and enjoy the evening. Phantom is one of my favorite musicals. I took my 21 year old daughter last week, her first time to see Phantom live, and we truly enjoyed this production.

Have a great time!
R. F.

I've been to the Opera several times at Fair Park. There are people who dress to the 9's and there are people in jeans. It is the most eclectic group of people. If you want to really dress up, go for it!

I will be taking my mom there and I know she will want to wear her mink and dress up.

:}

L. M

1 / 3