What to Put Flax Meal on for 4 Year Old and 11 Year Old?

Since hearing how incredibly wonderful flax is for you, I bought some tonight for the family. My problem is that my kids (especially the 4 year old) are turning their noses up to it. I know I can convince my 11 year old to taste it but I'd like to try to conceal it a bit with my younger one.
I tried to hide it under her preservatives tonight but then she said that she didn't like her toast. *sigh*
So, what should I do with it? I thought about mixing it with her yogurt but right now she's eating those horizon yogurt tubes so that won't work. She eats cereal every morning, should I sprinkle it in her cereal?
Help! Lol.

Oh, and she's on a restricted diet right now. No citrus, no peanuts, no milk. Thanks guys! Great ideas! I ended up today pouring her yogurt tube out onto her plate and mixed it in. She's in there right now eating away without a care (or know) in the world! :)

I also put it in oatmeal and anything I bake...pancakes, waffles, cookies, muffins, bread...etc. I've tried it in smoothies too...and I don't know why I don't do it more often...it was good :). If she can't do peanuts...could you put some in almond butter? I made hummus tonight and I can see putting some in that. Good luck - it is good stuff :)

I sprinkle the ground flax seeds it in our oatmeal. Then top it with fresh fruit and a little bit of brown sugar. You can also bake with it.

I blend it up with smoothies. You can make smoothies with soy yogurt and/or soy milk/rice milk/almond milk/coconut milk/etc...

Put it in smoothies. That's the best way.

You can put it in oatmeal. I add it to the batter when I make muffins.

If it is the seeds grind them up first - whole seeds are difficult to digest, second I add to smoothies and marinara sauce - smoothies is easy and can be daily.

Smoothie can be done with no milk.

banana bread, oatmeal

Try mixing it with peanut butter. Peanut butter is strong and usually will override the taste.

1 / 3