What to Get a 6 Year Old Boy for His Birthday?

My son's best friend is having a party Friday evening. He will be 6. This kid has everything under the sun! He has tons of legos, movies, video games, electric cars... just to name a few. I want to get him something $20 and under, but that would be age appropriate and fun. Any suggestions?

My boys love Nano Hexbugs http://www.hexbug.com/
They're 7 & 10 but we've been getting them for a while now. The starter set is around $20.
We all love them a lot around here!

How about a wallet with whatever character he is into with a $10-$20 gift card in it? At that age, a Target or Toys R Us gift card in a wallet!!! He will remember who gave him that one! I guarantee it... That is the age that they are craving independence and choosing his own present will be a memory maker!

Subscription to a kids magazine like National Geographic Kids or Ranger Rick - fun, educational, and IME kids *love* getting their own mail :-)

We all love them a lot around here!

What about getting him a bagful of fun? Go to the dollar store & have your son pick out some of the parachute guys, some silly string, water pistols, silly putty, some spy or magic stuff - kids love that kind of stuff and the best part is you don't even have to spend $20. I'd just give his parents a heads up first and ask them what he is allowed to have.

Target/Walmart gift cards, or a bookstore. My son loves gift cards. They can shop on their own. Also, Five Guys gift card, yogurt or ice cream, or a favorite resturaunt.

My six year old is really into beyblades. other than that a gift card is a great idea or money what kid doesnt like money

We got my daughter's friend a Cars2 camping chair for his 5th birthday. It seemed to go over well - something useful with characters on it :o)

A $20 gift card to a movie theater.

1 / 3