What to Feed 14 Month Old for Breakfast

claire has been eating just solids since her first birthday. i have tried to give her eggs waffles other things. so far all i can find that she likes is peanut butter toast, yogart and cheereos. i was wondering what you all give you little ones. shes not a big fan of fruit (which i thought was odd) but i feel like shes gotta be getting tired of the samething everyday

i've read taht they really like the same thing every day...makes them feel like they have control because they know what to expect.

My son was big on bananas. but he also likes cheerios, waffles, pancakes, french toast, apples, and apparenlty slimfast meal on the go bars :) he always wants a bite of mine :)

My kids all like mini wheats and when they were younger I used to crush them up so they weren't such big bites. Bananas mashed up with some granola, rasins and just a bit of milk or soymilk is good too, and good for them if you can get her to try it.

As long as she has teeth and can chew good, you can try, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, apples, bananas, waffle, pancakes, hash browns, or you could make like a ham and cheese omlet. Good luck. J.

E.,
My little girl (12 mon) is the same way. She's not a big fan of fruit or plain waffles, but I've found that she likes the whole grain blueberry ones very well. She also likes oatmeal really well. Either the gerber brand, or she also likes the adult kind with the flavor. I try to get the low sugar. Our pediatrician always shakes his head and laughs, calls her a weird kid for not liking fruit and then tells her he guesses its better for her anyway (he's a good friend of ours so he likes to pick). She doesn't like other sweets such as cake or ice cream either. Sometimes I try to mix a little stage 3 fruit into her oatmeal just so she gets some vitamin c. Other than that, maybe try a smotthie with more yogurt than fruit. From experience, it's either give them what they like or they don't eat, so just experiment, try new things, and she'll get the nutrition she needs. Babies have a way of doing that-even when us parents are skeptical..

Hope this helps,
Jess

Here's what I make my daughter if she doesn't wake up screaming for cherrios (which happens a lot she loves those things! )

try mini-pancakes my daughter (now 2.5yrs old has always loved them since she was 1yr old)
I use this recipe (i usually make 8 she'll eat 2 i'll eat 2 and hubby will have 4 lolol...) (*note* we also have the george foreman pancake grill it makes them in less than a minute a really good investment it was only $20 at bed bath and beyond)
1cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
2tablespoons vegetable oil
1tablespoon sugar
1 cup of milk (or 1 1/2 i sometimes sneak more in because shes not much of a milk drinker)
1 egg
and a pinch of salt...
mix and if you're doing it in a pan just watch it you'll know when they're done

you can also try a mini breakfast burrito
just get the small tortillas (walmart sells a big bag for like $1.50)
make scrambled eggs with ham and cheese (sneak in some veggies too) and roll like 2 thin ones for her...

french toast sticks are good too
for Katelyn I get 2slices of regular bread
I mix 1egg , sprinkle cinnamon, a bit of milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar (or syrup or honey) ( i eyeball all the measurements really)
dip the bread and fry til brownish... and slice into strips....

cottage cheese with some jelly/jam

Oh yea and maybe a bagel lightly toasted with the cream cheese and jelly
Hope this helps...

Try tiny bits of string cheese or raisins.

Any food will do as long as you shoot for 5 servings of fruit/vegtable, 2 protiens and 3 dairys each day. We do pizza, soup, bagels, hamburgers ect. Our servings are small at breakfast. and if your kid doesn't like fruit use puree's in her food. She won't taste it and she'll still eat them.

My youngest daughter is 17 months old so I know how you feel, but I think it's just us! Adults crave variety in their diets, Toddlers... not so much! They love eating the same thing & I don't believe they tire of it at all. I'd like to say it doesn't last long but my 3 y.o. daughter just went through a stage where all she would eat (all day) was yogurt & PB&J! That passed but she still doesn't like a wide variety of foods, like me. It sounds like she does have a good variety of healthy foods, be it a small variety. I also give my toddler Carnation instant breakfast in her milk in the morning & it gives her an extra boost of nutrients that may be lacking (she all of a sudden refused to drink whole milk and our Dr. said she HAD to have whole milk, not 1%... I asked on here & a mom gave me that idea & it has worked so far! I don't use the entire packet but just 2 TB of it).
Hope it helps :)

My kids both loved Morning star farms soy sausage patties & cottage cheese. They both ate it almost every day for a year.

Hi, E.! My kids loved instant grits (the cheese kind), instant oatmeal (any kind), cheese toast (toast with cheese melted on top), cottage cheese and instant cream of wheat (add a little sugar). Kids usually don't get bored with food (remember the PB&J we ate almost everyday during our elementary school years??). Just try a variety of things. Keep trying them and see what happens. And I know you are thinking of her eating oatmeal and grits by herself -- let her be a "Big Girl".

1 / 3