What to Do with Stuffed Animals?

I have SO many stuffed animals in our house that go to waste because my daughter just doesn't play with them much any more. I need ideas on what to do with them. I know that I could give them to Goodwill but I would like to do something with them where other kids in need could benefit. I don't want them to have to be "bought" in order to have fun with them. Ideally I would like to give them to a hospital or something like that where kids in need could enjoy them. Does anyone out there know anything about this or done anything like this? Input is great...thanks in advance!!!

I would suggest that you save yours and your daughters favorite stuffed animals,Memories are special things. Also because you are expecting new little hands in the house!!
those toys will be new to them!
Donation is a wonderful thing. Wonderful, Wonderful
Womens and Children's Shelters.
Anywhere you might find children
Your Church's playschool.
Ask your Neighborhood School if they know of families or organizations that could use the Stuffed animals.
Hospitals are also good Ideas. Children's Wards!
Ask other families if they would be interested in the toys.
Babies grow out of toys like children, don't be afraid to give!! This also teaches recycling.
Make small presents, give them away slowly but surely.
Children love toys, whether new or used, and sometimes they need little pick me ups through out the year too.
and remember, not just children like stuffed animals.
Next time you go to see a friend bring an animal, I'm sure your friend would laugh and smile, Because that is the gift of giving.. Just to give...to share. It makes everyone feel good.
Better to wash everything and then decide how you want to share them out.
You can also de stuff them and turn them into hand puppets.
and, re stuff your pillows at the same time.
Hope my ideas help.

We like to donate stuffed animals to the foster care program at Lutheran Social Services. They give them to children when they are taken out of there home. I can only imagine how comforting an animal would be to a child who is terrified in that situation. We drop them off at the building on Fulton - call LSS first. The number is in the phone book.

Your local fire departments can use them, just depends on
how many they have on hand. They like to give an animal
to children after a house fire. Call and see how there supply is. New and or Clean only.
L. Alto Mi

I have donated some to Spectrum's DeVos Children's Hospital

When I was young I had a ton of stuffed animals and my mom donated them to the local fire department. The reason is when they get a family that is displaced by a fire, they give them to the children involved to help console them while things are a little hectic. Just a thought. I know that they always need them.

You can always go to Freecycle.com and find your local one and give them away on there. You can find many things on there.

1 / 3