What to Do with Stale Chocolate Chip Cookies...

Thought I'd ask you mamas what you do with leftover stale chocolate chip cookies. They came home from the store stale and I was too busy to take them back. Hate to throw them away. Normally, there are never leftover cookies- hmmm, that's an oxymoron.

Wrap them in plastic wrap or paper towel and microwave them to soften them up. But the ice cream idea is good too! Wiliams Sonoma sells Ice Cream cookie kits.

I break up the cookies in little dessert bowls then pour warm fruit/juice over them and top them off with RediWhip or Cool Whip. Yum. Works on sugar cookies or chocolate chip etc. I usually have a bag of mixed berry frozen fruit on hand for smoothies etc. So I take about a cup of whatever berries, add equal amounts of water and sugar, and about 1/2 tsp lemon juice and bring it to a simmer for a few minutes so the sugar melts and the berries get soft. Let it cool to warm and DONE! Works on stale pound cake, angel food............sometimes I sprinkle a little dash of nutmeg on the whip topping.

My husband who is a cook says stale is stale there is nothing you can do with it A. no hills

You can make choclolate chip cookie ice cream!! Yum!!!

Maybe try putting half a piece of bread in the container with them to soften them. My mom has done this for years with her Christmas cookies since there are too many to be eaten quickly.

Do you have an ice cream maker? You could crush them and put them in the ice cream. Otherwise they could be a topping for store-bought ice cream. You won't notice the stale-ness that way.

http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/karenchao

Honestly..........at this point I would cut my losses and trash them.

crunch um up and use them as an ice cream topping.

1 / 3