What to Do with Pink and Brown Baby Furniture

Ok here is my problem, i have a 15 month old baby girl and i am 28 weeks pregnant with a little boy all of the baby furniture that i have is pink and brown do i reuse it or try to find someone to trade for nureral colors? i have right down to a pink and brown car seat swing stroller, pack and play help some people say i am crazy to reuse it with a boy others say i am crazy not to please help i have someone who is willing to trade for boy stuff but the items that she has are not nearly as "nice" as what i have my daughter never used the swing and the stroller the carseat and slightly used and the pack n play i am not worried about that but the other thinks car seat stroller swing i think i would feel a little funny using them with a boy.

Covers are in the makin for the swing and carseat i went to the websites for the items and it was cheaper for me to have covers made then to replace them all together! My little guy will sport a blue and green carseat!! thanks for the help everyone!!!!

I would reuse all that you have - cheaper in the long run - i had a girl the first time around and when my son came i reused all of the items I had for her - even her jammies - YES my son wore pink pajamas... WHO CARES REALLY?

i used all the same things for both my boy and girl. however, mine was navy blue plaid. honestly, i probably wouldn't use pink for a boy...well, not the stroller or the carseat. everything else, i wouldn't care

Price - take a market survey to find the going rate. Search craigslist and ebay for similar items to see what they are going for. Or price them at 3/4 full value but be willing to negotiate. If they don't sell within 10 days or so, go down 10%. and try again.

I would trade. Or put an ad in craigslist to sell the whole set and with the money search the ads and buy someone elses set. You can also go to child consignment shops like Once Upon a Child and sell your stuff on consignment and buy someone elses. They have pristine used baby stuff.

I would just keep it all. For the car seat I would get one of those covers made for it. My SIL had a boyish car seat and had a very girly car seat cover made for it. It was really cute. So maybe for the car seat you could do that, for the rest, I would just use what you have.

Go online to the company websites and see if you can buy replacement covers for things like the car seat and swing. For the pack n play, you can probably just sew new material over the old pattern.

sounds like you've already made up your mind. You are willing to do pink/ brown with certain items, but not so with others.

Don't do the trade if you feel like you are getting the short end of the stick. It will be a craw in your side.

Your baby won't care either way.

Is any of the pink fabric that is removable that you could buy a replacement in a boyish color? That would be my only thought if you wanted to keep and reuse some of it. If it is paint and someone has the time and ability you could always repaint the pink another color.

Can you sell it and buy "boy" stuff?
Can you afford to/do you need to keep it and buy new stuff?

I would absolutely reuse them, for a few reasons. First of all, your son will.not.know. He won't care or know the difference, so I don't understand why it would be weird to put him in a pink swing. Also, you may only use the infant seat briefly (in fact, you could skip it altogether and go straight to a convertible if you wanted), so it seems silly to spend another $150-200 on a seat that might only get a couple months' of use just because it's girly.

You will save a bundle by reusing. Also, baby gear is mostly plastic, and I ABSOLUTELY try to reuse plastics as much as possible -- they are made from oil and never decompose. I pretty much only by used plastic toys and the like for that reason.

1 / 3