What to Do with Old Christmas Cards?

Okay, I can't ask this of people I personally know. What do you do with old Christmas cards? What do you do with Christmas cards that have photos? I'm talking about the kind that is printed on photo paper. I used to save them, but now, I throw them away. These are friends' Xmas pictures, not family or anything sentimental.

There is a little article in this months (January) Women's Day Magazine that tells how to make ornaments out of them.

I keep mine and one day (when the kids are in college hahaha) plan to put them in a scrapbook album. I want to put the same family on 1-2 pages to show how they have grown through the years. If it doesn't have a picture, I have just been throwing them away unless there is something meaningful written in them. My grandparents used to make gift boxes out of cards.

For the last 5 years I have put mine (trimmed down to name and photo only) in a scrapbook that I add to each year. I only save the ones of close friends that I know we will love to have memories of later in life. Already it is fun to look at it each year. I only have the scrap book out at Christmas and I think that makes it a little more special.

St. Jude's Hospital in Tennesse at one time collected discarded Christmas card fronts.

I used to just throw them out, but the last year if there are any pictures, it's usually someone that is my kids friend, I let my children have the pictures.

The Christmas cards without pictures, I cut out the different things (everything from birds, stars, trees, etc). Then we will paste them on decorated paper towel rolls or TP rolls. It makes a unique napkin holder or name holder for Christmas dinner. The kids enjoy making them as well.

maybe allow your kiddos to cut them out and make a collage on a large poster w/ the year Christmas 2007 etc...and hang it in their playroom/room to remind them of all the friends/family they have and how much they and your family is LOVED and how thankful and special they are to Jesus!
Take it down after the holiday and put it back out every year adding the new one from the year before...

Throw them in the recycle.

I throw them away.

Years ago, I would send the parts that had no writing to the Children's Hospital for craft time.

1 / 3