What to Do with Leftover Roast Pork Loin?

So I roasted a 5# pork loin and we have a lot left. What can I do with the leftover meat? Will it reheat and how do you recommend reheating it? I thought sandwiches but would imagine you'd want to jazz it up somehow. Any suggestions?

Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas! I may be roasting another pork loin just to get more leftovers!!

Shred it and freeze in freezer bags. Pull out as needed for BBQ sandwiches, BBQ pizza, Tacos, Enchiladas, fried rice, chilli, soup or stew.

shredded pork BBQ sandwiches or
shredded pork "street" tacos - shred up the pork put it in a crock pot with spices- garlic- red pepper- a little taco seasoning- black pepper
make some Pico- guac- and lime
handmade taco shells - my family loves them

You can put it in a large pot, cover it with water and cook for a few hours on low. Add some diced onions. Then, once very soft, drain water and shread. Add BBQ sauce and stir up for a few minutes in the pot. Put in a crusty roll for pulled pork sandwiches. Yum!

Make a couple of meat pies. Dice the pork in small pieces. (set aside) Dice carrots, potatos and celery in same size pieces. (steam veggies or par boil slightly). Chop some onion (set aside) or use the packaged pearl onions...

Use pre-made pie crust (if you don't make your own).

Make a gravy using chicken stock (or your own), season well but NOT too much salt

Mix meat and veggies together. season with salt, pepper, garlic powder (maybe a little Itilian seasoning or your favorite pork seasoning)

Bake bottom pie crust for about 5 - 7 minutes....then add mixture and gravy.

Put top pie crust (brush with egg wash) put a few vents, and bake as directed. 3250 - 350 degrees.

You will have a good supper or lunch...serve with a nice salad.

There are lots of meat pie receips on line.....a very good use of left over meat or chicken.

Blessings...

Stir fry!

Or pork sandwiches (try a little barbecue sauce).

We go the "pork fried rice" route. :)

make bbq sandwiches!

Put it in dinner size portions in zip locks in the freezer. Then pull out a bag, and have tacos! Just reheat it on the oven with some cumin, garlic powder, etc.

We do pork roasts all the time to have taco meat in the freezer.

you could make a soup out of it thats what i do with my left over roast meat:) that sounds good i may need to make some lol..enjoy:)

1 / 3