What to Do with Ham

So i cooked a ham and made just ham with veggies, and then I made scalloped pots and ham, now I have this 1/2 of ham left and need more ideas of what I could make. Help so i don't waste it

Love these!! thanks I have something to work with!!! thanks again!

When I have ham left overs I make:

sandwiches
breakfast

I also make the ham for dinner with a potatoe salad and veggies

Make ham meals and freeze them for use late. Mom made spaghetii sauce sauce and chilli in double amounts then froze the extra. Microwave and dinner is ready.
Us southerners save the bones that still have a little meat on them for seasoning in greens and other vegs. Better than any spice

I recently had to figure out leftovers with a ham myself (first ham I had ever cooked!) I found a great recipe for potato, ham and cheese soup (http://southernfood.about.com/od/potatosoups/r/bl30214s.htm) I boiled my ham bone with the potatoes to really flavor up the water and the potatoes and then added more ham to the soup later.

Green eggs and ham??...lol mix it up and make some breakfast foods with it

You can always add some diced up to mac and cheese, for lunch or dinner.

Ham Sandwiches? Get some nice Fresh sourdough and add some lettuce and tomato and perhaps a little honey mustard, maybe pair it with some macaroni or potato salad or fresh fruit and have a picnic dinner outside?

You can always freeze some too…in small portions to use the next time you make eggs or to add as a topping to pizza.

Hope this helps

You can make Ham Salad (just like making tuna salad but with ham)......diced up in omlets................Lastly you can freeze sliced up in small packages for lunches...............

I would make some type of soup, I make a white bean soup when I have a leftover ham bone,it is so yummy, Im sure you could find something on the internet, just type in recipes for leftover ham bone.Good Luck I find alot of recipes on line.

How about ham and cheese omeletes yum!

How about a ham and cheese quiche or even ham and black eyed peas with corn bread. My kids gobble both these up.

I had this problem after Christmas :) I chopped some and cooked it with scrambled eggs and hash browns, grilled ham and cheese sandwhiches, sliced up small pieces for pizza, ham and beans and I even just cubed some and served it to the kids with cheese cubes and crackers.

Ham in mac n cheese with brocolli, Ham in stuffed green peppers (chop the ham fine), Ham in an omelet. We never eat it, so obviously I miss it. Ohhh, here's one, chop the ham fine, mix with cream cheese and chopped green olives from a jar. Use some of the juices from the jar to make it easier to stir. Get pillsbury cresant rolls and lay them flat, if you have 4 in the family you will need two packages. Place the mix in one side of the two rolls and fold and seal them shut. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake the time stated on the package. They should be golden. Good luck! Jen

1 / 3