What to Do with Ham

So i cooked a ham and made just ham with veggies, and then I made scalloped pots and ham, now I have this 1/2 of ham left and need more ideas of what I could make. Help so i don't waste it

Love these!! thanks I have something to work with!!! thanks again!

When I have ham left overs I make:

sandwiches
breakfast

I also make the ham for dinner with a potatoe salad and veggies

Make ham meals and freeze them for use late. Mom made spaghetii sauce sauce and chilli in double amounts then froze the extra. Microwave and dinner is ready.
Us southerners save the bones that still have a little meat on them for seasoning in greens and other vegs. Better than any spice

I recently had to figure out leftovers with a ham myself (first ham I had ever cooked!) I found a great recipe for potato, ham and cheese soup (http://southernfood.about.com/od/potatosoups/r/bl30214s.htm) I boiled my ham bone with the potatoes to really flavor up the water and the potatoes and then added more ham to the soup later.

Green eggs and ham??...lol mix it up and make some breakfast foods with it

You can always add some diced up to mac and cheese, for lunch or dinner.

Ham Sandwiches? Get some nice Fresh sourdough and add some lettuce and tomato and perhaps a little honey mustard, maybe pair it with some macaroni or potato salad or fresh fruit and have a picnic dinner outside?

You can always freeze some too…in small portions to use the next time you make eggs or to add as a topping to pizza.

Hope this helps

You can make Ham Salad (just like making tuna salad but with ham)......diced up in omlets................Lastly you can freeze sliced up in small packages for lunches...............

I would make some type of soup, I make a white bean soup when I have a leftover ham bone,it is so yummy, Im sure you could find something on the internet, just type in recipes for leftover ham bone.Good Luck I find alot of recipes on line.

How about ham and cheese omeletes yum!

How about a ham and cheese quiche or even ham and black eyed peas with corn bread. My kids gobble both these up.

I had this problem after Christmas :) I chopped some and cooked it with scrambled eggs and hash browns, grilled ham and cheese sandwhiches, sliced up small pieces for pizza, ham and beans and I even just cubed some and served it to the kids with cheese cubes and crackers.

Ham in mac n cheese with brocolli, Ham in stuffed green peppers (chop the ham fine), Ham in an omelet. We never eat it, so obviously I miss it. Ohhh, here's one, chop the ham fine, mix with cream cheese and chopped green olives from a jar. Use some of the juices from the jar to make it easier to stir. Get pillsbury cresant rolls and lay them flat, if you have 4 in the family you will need two packages. Place the mix in one side of the two rolls and fold and seal them shut. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake the time stated on the package. They should be golden. Good luck! Jen

I love having leftover ham, here is one recipe I like to make with ham:
Pork Fried Rice

4 tbsp oil 2 tbsp soy sauce
2 beaten eggs 1 cup roast pork, diced small
4 cup cold rice 2 scallions, chopped fine, white & green
1/2 tsp salt

1. Heat 2 tbsp oil to 375 degrees in wok. Scramble beaten eggs. Remove, set aside.

2. Heat 2 tbsp oil to 400 degrees in wok. Stir fry rice, breaking up lumps by pressing rice against the pan and turning quickly and constantly.

3. Add salt, soy sauce, pork, scallions and scrambled eggs, stir fry to heat thoroughly.

May be frozen. Reheat before serving

Here is another one we love, but I do not have measurements, this is one you will have to add/remove what you like or don't like.

Quiche

Makes 2 pies

Mozzarella cheese garlic powder
Colby jack cheese chives or parsley
Onion, chopped mushrooms, sliced
8 eggs 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
2 pie crusts black olives, sliced
Chose one of the following for the meet: Bacon-sausage-ham

In a large bowl add eggs & whisk. Add remaining ingredients chosen. Pour evenly into two pie crusts. Add the amount of ingredients desired. Make sure your mixture is not too watery.

Bake on 425 for 20 minutes, then turn to 350 and bake for another 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.

This recipe is great frozen & reheated. Wrap in wax paper & then in foil & freeze

This is my kids favorite, when I think of Quiche it isn't this type of Quich. We make it for dinner & then have it for breakfast the next morning. I don't add onions b/c of my kids & I add mushrooms to one pie b/c not all my family likes it. If you have any questions, let me know. I always use Ham in my quich, my Mom always uses bacon. No matter what you put in it, you will love it!

Cheesy ham and potato casserole:
One bag frozen shredded hash browns
One can cream of Potato soup
One 16 oz container of sour cream
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Diced Ham

Preheat oven to 375. Mix frozen hash browns, soup, sour cream, ham and two cups of cheese in an extra large bowl. Spread in a greased 13x9 inch glass pan and top with remaining cheese. Bake for one hour at 375.

Delicious, easy, and a fan favorite in our house.

make some soup with it or make some pot pie

I usually make a ministroni soup with a left over of a ham. or cut it into slices and top it with brown sugar and pineapple slices and heat up and serve with mash potatoes, thats really good. or just use for sandwiches

I am boring and would just make ham sandwiches. Or cut it up and put it in some hashbrowns like waffle house! :o)
If you really don't want to eat it, contact your local homeless shelter and see if you can drop it by for lunch or something. Most will accept food that's been cooked or prepared by others, but you would need to call first and ask.

Make a soup....same with turkey carcass after thanksgiving...

You can dice it and use it in Omelets, or cube it and serve it on a chef salad, etc. But don't forget that you can also freeze some of it for later use.

You can make some cabbage and ham. It's an old Irish thing. I taste really good together.

My kids love this:

Get a package of fridge buscuits (Pilsbury)
Squish each one into a section of a muffin pan so it makes sort of a cup
Fill the cup with chopped ham and shredded cheese (like cheddar)-- you can add a veggie, too, like brocolli
Bake according to package directions

Hi E.,

I always have the same problem when I make a ham. You can make split pea soup with the bone and cut up some chunks for the soup. Also, I always cut some ham steaks out of it and freeze them individually. I use them for Sunday breakfast. My husband loves when I make a big Sunday breakfast with eggs, ham, potatoes and pancakes. You can also use the ham steaks for a quick dinner. Just defrost the night before and heat them up on a grill pan with some sliced pineapple. Then I make a quick gravy using duck sauce and some pineapple juice. Hope this helps!

Hi E. ~

How about some easy ham/bean soup? You can get a bag of the 16 bean soup at the grocery..it has the recipe for ingredients on the back...and just load up on the ham!

apples, applesauce or baked apples with cinnemon

When I have ham left overs I make:

sandwiches
breakfast