What to Do with Dirty Bibs

I know I can't be the only one with this problem. Every day my 1 year old son has a bib and a wash rag to wash his face off after eating. At the end of each day I put them in a container on the kitchen cabinet. Then at the end of the week, when I do laundry, I put them in to wash. Two problems ... they start to mold before they get washed ... this is just another thing to add to my already covered kitchen cabinets. Any ideas on what to do with these items? Thanks!

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I've got some ideas I'll give a try. Thanks again!

I use cloth bibs...rinse/wash clean like the others have said. I often use the bib as a washcloth as well..remove, rinse and wash baby off. I then drape over the laundry basket until it is dry enough to go into the basket without mildewing it or the other dirty laundry.

Consider doing away with the cloth bibs....and try Pampers "Bibsters" which are paper bibs that you throw away after each use(like a napkin bib). They come in a box of like 40 or more if I can remember. These were great for traveling too! Highly recommended. I get them at Target in the baby food section.

i lay bibs over the back of the high chair if possible or somewhere where they are not closed up, if they are wadded up or in with other things they will mold, if they are able to dry they will not

W.,

I have 4 ideas:

1. You could wash them more often. If possible. Just do a small load.

2. After he is finished why dont you rinse them off in the sink. Get all the food off so they do not mold.

3. You could always buy disposable bibs. You could buy the pamper ones or order cheaper online like some plastic ones.

4. Strip him naked other than a diaper and then just clean him up with a rag afterwards first wiping with a diaper wipe to get food off so just the rag is cleaning up the after food wiped off mess.

HTH

E.

you can wash it in the sink and let them air dry

Hey, Don't put in airtight container - I always just spray with spray and wash and throw in dirty clothes till wash time. that way they won't mold and all stains will come off - also if they are mildue smelling try adding 1/4 cup vinegar to wash and they will come out smelling great.

Rinse the gunk out, then let them air dry. Wash them as normal.

Have fun with baby!

Use paper towels and throw them away.

1 / 3