What to Do with Breast Pump - Quincy,MA

What do I do with my breast pump now that I am finished breastfeeding? It is a Medela Advanced. What a shame they can't be reused.

I'm keeping mine for my sister. I will just buy her the tubing and all the accessories to keep it sterile.

Pull the panel off of the pump where the "on switch" is and where the tubing connects and check for mold. If it is clean, I would offer it to someone.

If you can afford to, I would try and find someone who could use it for free. They can get all new tubing and accessories. They are so expensive and I think it would be nice to offer it for free to a mama who needs it.

I think a lot of moms who would breastfeed and need to pump at work don't because of the added expense of the pump.

Mine's on Craigslist right now.

They can absolutely be reconditioned.

I'd call Medela (customer service number is on their website) and see if they can recommend any services that recondition so you can donate it to charity.

Personally, I'd rather donate mine to a needy family than sell it.

Why do you think it can't be reused?
If you kept it clean and then sterilize all the parts... I got mine used and never had a problem.

I bought a used breast pump. I just replaced all the tubing and anything that touched me or my milk would be in. I know a lot of women that have bought their pumps used.
So I would sell it on Craig"s list.

consignment shop? You can order new tubing

You could donate to a women's shelter in your area.

1 / 3