What to Do with a Broken TV

Hi all
I have a weird question. We had the picture tube (or something) go out on a 32" TV. We decided to just upgrade and buy a new one. So now we don't know what to do with it. Does anyone know of a place that would want this as a donation and fix it themselves? If not, how should we dispose of this properly? Any help would be great. My 8 month old is all of the clutter we need. :) Thanks!

You can schedule a pick up from the Salvation Army online. Thats what I did, they even left my recept at the door, and I also didn't have to worry about dragging my 2 & 4 yr old w/ me too.

Most municipalities have bulk trash pick up every quarter. Chances are if you put outside your property with a note attached someone will take it and fix it on their own. Also, salvation army or goodwill might be able to take it and sell it "as is."

S.,

My husband and I just went through the same thing and our 7 month old is trying to climb on ours!

We are waiting for the second round of bulk trash pick up that the city does. Ours is scheduled for the end of April. You will need to go online to see when yours is.

The link is:
http://phoenix.gov/GARBAGE/schedule.pdf

Televisions are on the list of items they will collect.

F. G

There is a place called Deseret Industries on Broadway in Mesa. They are like a Good Will. They will try to fix donations that come in if they can so they can sell them.
They are on the north side of Broadway, but I can't remember the other cross street, I think it is around Country Club, but it might be farther east

I think Goodwill will take anything but you usually have to drop it off to them. You could try St. Vincent De Paul - you can call them and they will often come pick up stuff but I don't know if they would take the tv if it isn't working.

Goodwill will take broken TV and other appliances and repair them to resell in their stores, plus you get the tax write off. Just remember to ask for a receipt.

freecycle.org! The site to list anything you're giving away for free. I've gotten rid of lots of stuff that way, and it's a good place to find what you might be looking for for free too. You have to register and wait a day or so, then you're in. You'd be surprised the things people will want, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone wants the tv!

1 / 3