What to Do with 20 Leftover Limes?

I had a party last weekend and now I have a bag of 20 limes in my kitchen. I don't know what to do with them - hate to throw them out. Does anyone have any creative ideas?

Hi! What we do is that we squeeze the juice in ice trays and freeze them... then when you need some for food/drinks you just get an ice cube and put it in. That way it will last for as long as you need.

You can juice them and freeze them like ice cubes to store. Then you can use them for limeade or even in just water when the weather warms up. We did this all the time in Arizona when we had a lemon and a lime tree.

Drink a lot of marguaritas??

Okay, really, I would suggest making a very cool arrangement with them for the middle of your table or Island. Get a cool glass jar, vase, etc... stack the limes in there. If you want to make it even cooler, throw in some lemons, rose petals, leaves, rocks, etc. Great centerpiece!

The freezing it in icecubes was the coolest thing ever! Love that idea.....love this site. :) I would say TOTALLY make cherry limeades!!! Also, yes I use limes to make guacamole. One thing we love to do is "margarita chicken": we marinate chicken in mostly lime juice, with a bit of garlic, salt, and pepper, and a good splash of tequila, and after it's marinated, grill it! REALLY good. Look for some cuban style sides to go with it, and a happy mango or plantain desert. Allrecipes.com can also give recipes if you just type in "lime" or "lime juice", and sort by rating. The centerpiece idea is interesting too.

I use limes to marinate skirt steaks for fajitas. If you put the meat in a ziploc and add lime juice (3 or 4 limes) and garlic salt let it sit for a few hours and then grill. Makes the best fajitas.

Love the idea of freezing the juice in a ice cube trays I would do that to.

Guacamole! Avacados are really cheap, just squeeze onto the avacado, and you have a yummy dip!

At allrecipes.com you can search recipes by ingredient. I find lots of great ideas there. Maybe you can make a bunch of treats to freeze or share.

Make margaritas this weekend and invite some friends or neighbors over to join you!

1 / 3