What Thermometer Do You Love?

What thermometer do you use and love? I need a new one (son is 5.5) and want to see what works best..
Thanks!!!

Not sure the brand, but my husband bought one a few months back at walgreens. It is a behind the ear one and I love it. There's a little spot behind there ear you place the thermometer and push a button. It takes just a few seconds and my son actually cooperates! He likes to see if it's green (no fever), yellow (mild) or red (hot!) and we call it checking his colors :)

We have the forehead scanner one as well, also from Costco. I don't know if I would say I love it, but I like it and it works even when the kids are asleep!

I have an old fashioned glass thermometer. I am very careful with it as they are no longer available... they work. Yes they have mercury in them, but they work - perfectly - every single time and they don't require a battery...
LBC

I have a Braun Ear thermometer and love it. It's superfast (3 seconds) and accurate enough for home use. I can even use it when DD sleeps without waking her up.
We also have a regular digital thermometer to take a rectal temperature if we need a super accurate reading... but honestly I have not had to use that since DD was an infant.

We bought one of these forehead scanner ones from Costco and love it. Fast and easy to use on little ones and won't hold still and accurate. I gave up on the ear ones, they never seem to be very accurate. You have to have them pointing just right to get it right.

Exergen temporal scanner. When my son was a baby, he was in a vaccine trial and I had to chart rectal temps. I used the Exergen right after and it was never more than a tenth of a degree off. Love it!

1 / 3