What Songs Do You Sing at Bedtime?

I usually sing you are my sunshine and amazing grace but i'm looking for some other good songs to sing at bedtime to my toddler so it helps soothe him to sleep. any suggestions? thanks!

I sing Silent Night, even when it's not Christmas. It is such a soothing, beautiful song and every time I start singing, my son lays his head on my shoulder. My heart just overflows with love at that moment!!

I normally sing You Are My Sunshine, but I add mutiple verses about my son. "I love you so much, my little baby, I really do it's true..." So every night he gets a "different" song about how much I love him, but the tune is nice and soothing.

I sing teddy bears picnic because my grandma use to sing it to me and sings it to my son. he also loves any french songs (aullouette especially) and the theme song from the classic winnie the pooh

Every night at her request.. Hush little Baby while I scratch her back- Its a must for her! Also....Doggie in the Window, You are my Sunshine, Twinkle Twinkle and an odd one.. The chorus to Fergies "Big Girls Dont cry" She loves that one

I sing You are My Sunshine as well and (not sure if the names but they are songs my mother taught me when I was younger):

Cruel War Is Raging (Peter Paul and Mary)
Lyrics:
The cruel war is raging and Johnny has to fight
And I want to be with him, morning and night
I want to be with him, it grieves my heart so
Won't you let me go with you...
No my love no

I'll tie back my hair
Men's clothing I'll put on
And I'll march as your comrade
As we march along
I'll march as your comrade
No one will ever know
Won't you let me go with you?
No my love no

Oh Johnny Oh Johnny
I feel you are unkind
For I love you far better
Than all of mankind

I love you far better
Than words can ere express
Won't you let me go with you
Yes, my love yes

and.....

The Sun Shines Brighter (from the musical Leave it to Jane)
Lyrics:
Oh the sun shines brighter than it used to
And the world becomes worth while
Little Dickey Birdie sings a wedding song
And Nature seems to smile
The trees and the leaves smell a scent of orange blossoms
And the sky turns bright and blue
When there's no one 'round except the one you love
And the one you love loves you
I'm so happy I've simply got to sing....hmmmm hhmmmm (I hum the ending because there are no words)

"Over the Rainbow"
"The Rainbow Connection"
"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
"Yellow Submarine" and "Octopus' Garden" (they do work if you sing softly and slowly and make them more lullaby-like).

I also have bunch of lullaby CDs that DD likes to have played while she's falling asleep too. Sometimes she wants me to sing, and sometimes I want to but she tells me no! :)

I morph a bunch of songs into my own compilation to fit my kids.

First is "Goodnite my Someone" from The Music Man, but I change some of the words to fit my kids' names and the fact that they are my kids, not my lovers :)

Next is Twinkle, Twinkle

Third is a shortened version of the "Lullaby" song that the Pajanimals sing on the Sprout Goodnite Show

Fourth is a shortened version of "Your Mother and Mine" from Peter Pan (the song that Wendy sings to the Lost Boys)

Fifth is one verse of "Sleep, Sleep, Sleep" (The Christmas carol)

Finally, I sing my own tune with the words from the book "Love You Forever" - "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."

If I forget one my son reminds me :)

ABC's
Hush Little Baby
Itsy Bitsy Spider

1 / 3