What Song Is My Pre-schooler Singing?

My son keeps singing a song he learned I think during MOPS the other day. I have noone to call in MOPS to ask what song this is. I was hoping you ladies could help me.
Some of what he is singing is:
"...Somebody step on me...."
"....I'm a nut. (sound with tongue tock tock). I'm a nut (sound tock tock)"

He keeps singing "I'm a nut! tock tock! I'm a nut! tock tock!" and it's driving me mad that I have no idea what he's singing. BTW - he doesn't say "tock" he makes a clicking noise with his tongue.

Anyone know what this is?

Thank you Thank you! I just started saying the lyrics you gave and I'm about to click on the link to hear how I should actually sing it. My son is here and he said "YES - an acorn! I'm a nut! I'm a nut!" HA - thank you! Eh the link didn't have the music. But I searched on YouTube and am now listening. Thanks. I guess I could have googled "I'm a nut" before posting on here. But I didn't. Oh well. Thanks again.

It's called "I'm a nut" :)

Here's a link where you can hear the tune (though the lyrics are a little different than how I learned them): http://www.boyscouttrail.com/content/song/im_a_nut-486.asp

He's singing it right!

I'm a L. acorn nut, sitting on the cold cold ground. Everybody steps on me, that is why I'm cracked you see! I'm a nut, I'm a jut, I'm a nut I'm a nut I'm a nut!

Idk the proper name of the L. song, but we used to sing it at ymca camp!!

I'm a little acorn brown
Lying on the cold, cold ground
Everybody steps on me
That is why I'm cracked you see

I'm a nut
I'm a nut
I'm a nut, I'm a nut, I'm a nut

Called myself on the telephone
Just to see if I was home
Asked myself out on a date
picked me up at half past eight

I'm a nut
I'm a nut
I'm a nut, I'm a nut, I'm a nut

There are lots more verses

Have fun!

Boy, you caused me to have flash-backs. It is indeed a camp song. After 20 years working with 11-year-old boy scouts I could sing that if I was in a coma. The kids love it. Also, there are several versions of the lyrics. We clapped twice after each "I'm a nut" instead of the tongue clicks. Good activity song for wiggly kids. Thanks for the smiles.

What Kate D said although when my kids learned it in preschool, the first line was "I'm an acorn, small and round, sitting on the cold, cold, ground"

I love that song!!!

Now i cant' get it out of my head.

1 / 3