What Size Shoe Does Your 2 1/2 Year Old Girl Wear?

I am seeing some really cute little sandals on sale now and thought I may be able to purchase some for next spring/summer if I can get a good idea on size. My little girl will be 2 to 2 1/2 then. If you have a little girl this age, what size shoe is she wearing now?
I wonder if the size varies much at this age already, or if kids are all pretty much still the same??

Thanks to all who have responded- your responses were helpful and interesting. It looks like I will try for a Size 7 or 7.5. If they are a little big at the beginning of the season, she can grow into them since you can wear sandals in Texas half the year anyway! Or, if they are too small, then we can give them away since they are so discounted right now anyway.

I would say a size 7 or 7 1/2...my daughter is 3 1/2 and is just starting to wear 9's and 9 1/2's. She was wearing 7 1/2 to 8's last summer. I think about "a size a season" is a good rule of thumb.

Ok after reading everyone else's responses, i am in awe.. My daughter who is 2 1/2 now (dec 2004 birthday), is in a size 9 almost 9 1/2.. LOL.. She is a big girl though, doesnt look her age and is mistaken for older all the time. (I get looks if I go to the buffet, or amusement park and tell them she is 2 and is free) lolol.

My daughter was born in March of 2005 and she wore a 6 beginning summer and a 7 about mid summer. I would buy shoes ahead too. I would skip a size to allow for a size for winter then the next size would fit for Spring. I bought many of her shoes this way and some just a few dollars brand new.

I have 3 kids that all did different things with their shoe sizes, so I have great frustration in trying to buy shoes ahead of time for them. First of all, I would probably take her size now, and add 2, but it all depends on if she has a growth spurt at some point. Also, I have found that in general, shoes at Target run a little bigger, but things like Keds or Nike tend to run pretty small (and narrow) My kids have all been very tall for their age, and my 14 month old went from a 5 at the beginning of the summer to a 6 or better now (2 months later!!) So, just try to judge based on her size now, and how big she is compared to other kids her age. Good luck, I know it can be hard to guess sizes for the next year! ~A.~

My daughter wears about a 6 1/2 or 7 depending on the shoe.

my daughter was wearing 10 and 10 1/2 now at the age of 3 she is wearing 11

My daughter will be 2.5 next month and she started the summer in a 6 and is now in a 7 most of the time.

My son who is 21 months old wears 6-7 depending on the brand and type of shoe. Like in athletic shoes, we have to go to a bigger size or wide width but in sandals we go to a smaller size. I think he is about to go to a size 7-8.

1 / 3