What Size Do You Wear?

Hi! I am a 32 year old mom of 2 boys, age 4.5 and 2 years old. I am 5ft 7 and used to weigh about 128 lbs. In the past year or so I have gone up to about 135 lbs. Although I still look pretty good (I think!) I no longer can fit into my size 6 pants. For some reason this is devastating to me. Size 8 feels like the size MY mom used to wear and it feels so matronly. Terrible, I know. I was always getting comments on how skinny I was and now that my waist is a little thicker I don't get those comments anymore. My arms and legs are still thin, but my waist and belly have become a little fuller.

Mamas, make me feel better and tell me what size you wear. Let me know that not fitting into a size 6 doesn't make me unattractive! FYI: I am getting much better about eating better and moving more!

I hate this question and it really rubs me wrong. It makes me think of the mean girls I avoided in school who were always comparing themselves to everyone else. You gained 7 whole pounds? Bleh

I'm rarely snarky but this irritates me. It's like someone else said, tell me you're bigger so I will feel better. It's like complaining to a homeless person that you're broke! For what it's worth, I've had better days but through many of life's factors I'm 5'7", 230 lbs, size 18 in the hips and smaller in othe areas, but I'm damn hot, no matter what. I wear clothes that fit my body, and take care of myself. And I'm confident in who I am, that makes me attractive to myself and others, no matter what the size on my pants says :)

If I weighed 128 lbs I'd look like I was anorexic...

Let's see, today my size is 'hot hot hot!'. Tomorrow I think I'll be a size, 'Oh MAMA!'. The day after that I might be 'Damn Baby!'.

I'm 5'8" and wear a size 12. I'm proud of that because I just lost 76 pounds after giving birth to my daughter. It's not about what others think or say, it's about how you feel.

Way to make the fat gals feel good!

You do realize that the average sized woman in the USA is a size 12, right?

And that sizes vary widely from manufacturer to manufacturer?

There are size "0" clothing items at some stores, that, at Target, would be an 8 or a 10.

Woman, thy name is vanity!

Seriously? You gained 7 lbs. Size 8 is a small or medium. If I were a size 8, I'd probably shout it from the rooftops and would definity strut my stuff. Love yourself no matter what you3 size.

I'm a short little lady-- in fact, I have one friend who always refers to me as "Little Lady". My jeans are size 12 these days and are always cut off at the hem (I won't hem jeans, life's too short, will hem pants). It's hell to find shirts that fit well because my narrow shoulders and more ample bustline do not apparently belong on the same person, so I have no idea what size shirt I wear... I just try them on until I get a hit.

I'm not a huge woman by any means and take serious umbrage to my underpants being marked "size eight, extra large".

Learn to love the body you've got. In my forties now, I know that any serious weight lost is likely to come back on later, plus some. I'm not working on losing weight, but just getting out more, walking more, and eating as well as I can.

I have also learned to have a really good filter regarding body image stuff. It wasn't a big deal twenty years ago to be a size ten and considered desirable..it still should be the norm. Watch older movies--there's a remarkable sense of style and sexiness in the fuller-figured woman, and the fashion industry didn't seem to hate them. :)

Oh, and I used to get comments about how skinny I was, back in 2001 or so. I was also going through a divorce, stressed out and not eating enough. I would NOT trade my extra pounds for that life ever again!

1 / 3