What Medicine Can You Give a 10 Month Old with Seasonal Allergies?

It seems like my son has seasonal allergies and I'm not sure what I can do to make him more comfortable. The doctor's office said to give him a 1/4 tsp of children's benadryl. When I went to do that I noticed the container says NOT to give Benadryl to children under 4 at all, and to only give it to children 4-6 under the supervision of a doctor. Since my baby is only 10 months old, it made me hesitate. The age Benadryl can be given under the supervision of a doctor doesn't start until 4 years old. So is it safe to give him Benadryl? Is there a better alternative? Just thought I should add my son is small for his age and only weighs 18 pounds.

Saline Nasal Spray, Bulb Nose Sucker, Cold Mist Humidifer, Elevate the head of his bed (mattress), warm bath, and lots of fluids. This will also work if he gets a cold.

I wouldn't do meds for a baby. Diet can usually help allergies. Eliminate dairy and wheat and give fish oil and you should see a huge improvement. Meds are the easy fix and yet doesn't really get to the bottom of the problem, it just treats the symptoms.

Your child is under dr supervision. He told you give a 1/4 teaspoon so it is safe to do so.

Has your son seen an allergist?
I have no concern about giving a small dose of Benadryl to a 10 month old when it's recommended by a physician (my son had an allergic reaction to sesame, that's what I was instructed to do in case he gets another mild reaction). What Im more concerned about is the fact that your son has seasonal allergies at such a young age. Usually, seasonal allergies don't develop until the child is at least 2 or 3, because he needs time to be exposed to the pollens. I was concerned about my son having seasonal allergies and mentionned it to my allergist, and that's what he answered (and it wasn't the first time I heard that)
So, Benadryl might help with the symptoms, but I would suggest looking into what causes them a little more

My son has terrible seasonal allergies and our doctor has pretty much said that there is little you can do about it. We make sure that his room is super clean to reduce the other allergens and keep the humidifier running when he's congested- lots of steam baths to break-up the congestion and frequently change his sheets- pollen gets locked in the fabric.

If you doctor says it's okay, then it probably is. Mine is ultra conservative and doesn't do OTC for children under 2 unless there is a fever involved!

yep it's safe.
My daughter was prescribed liquid Zyrtec when she was that young.

benadryl your ped gave you the dose of 1/4 tsp based on his weight

If your doctor says its ok then it should be fine. I have given benadryl to my daughter dozens of times. The only thing is it will make him sleepy. I would ask if you can give him childrens claratin.

1 / 3