What Kind of Toddler Table and Play Kitchen Do You Recommend?

My daughter is about 18 months and is showing interest in sitting in (little) chairs. I would like to get her a little table and chair set but am not sure what? I like the wooden set at IKEA and the plastic set there too is cute. Do you have any suggestions?
She is also showing interest in the play kitchens and there are many out there? Do you have one you hated/loved?

I got a kitchen at Goodnight Room when the twins I watch and my granddaughter were just 2 and 1. The are 5 and 4 now and it is still in great shape and they still love to play with it. It is made of solid wood (no partical board) and fairly easy to put together. It was a bit spendy, but, as someone mentioned, it will be a great heirloom piece.

I highly recomend the IKEA sets. My parents have a plastic set from IKEA and the kids love to play with it when we visit. It has also been used as a dining table for the kids when space was needed. It cleans great and the kids loved having the fun colores and table their size.
I really like the Pottery Barn Kitchen sets, but they can be pretty pricey.

hey there...there is a local man in the freindly neighborhood who makes them out of scrap/recycled wood. we have a beautiful unique play kitchen my 4yr old plays with daily, and has since she recieved it two years ago. the kitchens are a wonderful investment...hours of play. i know he also does little tables and chairs...he makes them so beautifully and gives them unique little touches. a few of my friends have kitchens made by him, and all of ours are different in a small way. the kitchen ws about $200ish. i don't know about the table and chairs. but you'd be paying someone local, supporting local and probably getting local wood. and it's gorgeous. he does alot of the wood work at the waldorf school. his name is tom and his number is ###-###-####. much luck. also if you don't go this route, check out www.novanatural.com . take care~S.

I really like the play kitchen at Target. It is a wooden kitchen set and is really nice and sturdy. Also, it was around 100 dollars way cheaper than pottery barn. Alot of my friends thought I bought it from Pottery Barn.

Pottery Barn has a really cute set, spendy but so cute.

C.,

We have a small plastic picnic table that our boys love! It was a gift for Christmas from grandparents.

A friend has a small wooden table and 2 chairs that we try and share when we are over there, but they seem to prefer their picnic table

good luck,

Whatever you decide, don't spend too much money on it. It's easy to over-spend with the first child. Little Tikes is the most durable brand, in my opinion. Also, I suggest you take a look at consignment shops. I have picked up some great 'gently used' items at our local ones in Bellingham.

K-mart has some great little kids papa-san (sp?) style chairs right now that don't tip easily (which is the thing to consider when buying little kid's chairs).

One other thing; decide on a home for it before you buy. I can't tell you how many huge toys my kids have had over the years that take up way too much room.

We have an ikea set and at nearly 2.5 she can just now get in the seats. So just make sure what you get she can sit in.

I love the plastic table and chairs/stools from Ikea. I prefer the plastic over the wood because in my daycare i can wipe off the plastic with those sanitize wipes and if the kids color on the plastic ones it is harder to see then the wood. As far as a play kitchen? Not sure i have two they are both plastic but i have had my eyes on the wood ones. I think it is totally up to you on the style and type. I am not sure but i have heard that the wood table and wood kitchens are harder to keep germ free? not sure?

1 / 3