What Is Your Motivation to Exercise???

I wish I loved to exercise but it just doesn't come naturally.....thinking of getting PX90 but don't waste the $ if I don't keep it up. Have gained few pounds since I never stopped eating after the holidays! Need something to get me going. Have to be in a bathing suit in June which usually gets me going but I am feeling blah about the whole thing. Any advice???

my cholesterol levels, the effect it has on my mood, (I'm always trying to stave off depression, anxiety and STRESS) how much better I sleep, how much better I look, the example I know I'm setting for my family, and how much better I feel overall. I feel powerful, strong & in control when Im exercising regularly. When I'm not I don't feel that way. It changes my whole attitude toward life and myself.
I love to walk or run or go to an exercise class with a friend. It does wonders for the motivation and the enjoyment. You'll find something you like. It's worth the effort! Anything is better than nothing. Start small. Walk 10-15 min a day.

I like 10 minute trainer....no excuse not to do it! Plus if you have time you can do 3 at once to get a 30 minute work out.

I excersize to make me feel better and to look better in my clothes. My husband and I are doing it together to tone up, get more energy and spend time together. We help motivate each other, and then we go to the gym with another couple and our kids play together at the child watch center. It's great to have a buddy to motivate and work out with you.

And you can still tone to look good in a bathing suit by June. Doing cardio and lifting weights, especially ones that focus on problem areas can help, even if you don't reach your goal and get way trim, anything helps.

I've only been going to the gym twice a week since the first week in February and I've already lost 2 inches on my waist and lost about 12 lbs. My husband's results have been even better. If we were to go 3 x a week and doping it at home to our workout videos, we would have even better results.

Also, get a handle on the food! It's good to eat, but try and select better choices. You can't eat junk if it's not in your house! Also, cut out carbonated beverages.

Oh, side ruching on a swimsuit is great for shaping. There are swimsuits out there to help us look great!

1- P90X rocks. Anything by Beach Body or Chalean Johnson is great!

2- someone just posted the same question about 'maintaining weight loss', check it :)

My motivation has recently changed. I went to visit a relative of mine in the hospital and was shocked and saddened by the amount of older people in there who were just in terrible shape. They seemed so feeble and helpless. This was the cardio ward so I am assuming heart problems. Knowing that exercise is the key indicator of longevity and comfort in old age has made me want to start and keep at it forever. The weight loss and looking good are nice but being able to live comfortably in old age is key. I am getting back into the all important 3 pronged approach: flexibility (yoga) strength (weights) and endurance (cardio)

it's hard if you don't love to exercise to get into it. One thing - exercising IS good for you and if you can keep it up for 28 days - it will become a habit - and one that you will miss.

I exercise because I love to be healthy - look fit - and wear jeans I bought 10 years ago when I was in my 20's - prior to birthing 2 kiddos. However - I also LOVE the way it makes me feel. I work out 4 times a week...

That said - you don't need to go crazy to get fit. I think this is the biggest misconception. You can start by walking your neighborhood with the kids in a stroller (if they are young) or riding bikes along side you. Just try to get 30 minutes of SOMETHING every day - it will make a difference.

As for food - you need to moderate. I don't believe in diets - they just restrict and eventually you go back to your own ways - but develop some food habits that are healthy and you can live with. For example - i LOVE LOVE LOVE sweets (particularly cookies) but they are my downfall - I can't eat just one (heck I can't eat just 10) so I've had to give them up. I also stopped eating at night (nothing after dinner) - it's hard for the first couple weeks but eventually your body stops craving junk - and then it's easier and easier.

Good luck - be kind to yourself and your body!

I exercise for several reasons...
1. It's the only time I am completely uninterrupted for 30 minutes. I hop on my treadmill and shut the door for a half hour- heaven!
2. Keep myself healthy and trim
3. Fit into my clothing so that I don't need to buy items unless I want them!
4. Due to adoptions, divorces and deaths- we have very little family medical history that is reliable, so I like to keep us healthy just in case!

Get you going...
1. Set mini-goals
2. Whatever method you select, make sure it's not financially taxing and it is accessible. If you have to spend a lot of money and travel to do it, it will fade.
3. Find something you like and that you can do with someone else, if you want to!

For me, I love to run and walk. We purchased a treadmill a year ago and put it in the basement b/c over several years it will be less expensive than maintaining a gym membership that we were rarely using. The gym wasn't far, but with work and kiddos it was too much to squeeze in at night. No on-going costs... just new sneakers when they are worn and a good sports bra!

Hope you found some type of exercise that you like. I had to create one because I could not find one.I love to dance and so I teach Totally Hot Body dance 3 times a week and have to say for the first time in my life I look hot. I have always done some type of exercise and have not always enjoyed what I did. The other thing is I ONLY workout 3 times a week because I use Access Bars to maximize my fat burning. Will not workout without it. Before I would workout 2 hours 4 to 5 days a week and only lose a few pounds or just maintain. Find what you love and you will always look forward to working out.

Yes. I've been so much better at getting it done now that i work out from a DVD thats only a 20 min work out. With kids its the only way I can count on squeezing it in. And its not just any 20 min work out. Its the Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred and she makes sure you make the 20 min count! I figure since no SAHM can claim not to have 20 min, I'm without excuse and make myself do it 5 days a week. I've seen great improvement. And it has gotten me into descent shape so when my baby is older if I do want to pump it up to an hour a day I'll have some stamina. My motivation is that I'm tired of feeling frumpy and mommed out. I want my sexy back.

1 / 3