What Is the Weekly Going Rate for in Home Infant Day Care?

What is the weekly or hourly rate for in home daycare for a 4month old? The hours are 8:00-4:00 m-f. Is 200.00 a week fair price? Thank you

$200 a week sounds a little high for me, for an in-home day care. I expect that (or more) for a center. When I was calling around, I found most people charged $135-$165 a week. Although, I guess it may depend on what area you are in. I was calling around mostly the Westland/Canton area.

When I was working we paid Rainbow around $220/week for FOUR days. As she got older and the staff-child ratio could increase (from 4:1 to 7:1) it dropped down. Not much. Eventually we got to around $185/week for FOUR days. And these prices are about 2-3 years old. But it was one of the higher priced centers, you can find better rates out there. And the in-home programs are less than centers. My hubby wouldn't go for in-home, though, so we paid a lot.

Whatever you end up selecting, make sure you take advantage of the Flex Spending Accounts for child care. You can donate up to a certain dollar amount. It is pre-tax. That means your dollar stays at a dollar, it is not taxed at 25-35%, leaving you 65-75¢. It REALLY helps pay the child care bills. But you must submit official forms signed by the center in order to access the funds. No biggie. Ask your employer for details. It's very worth it. (do the same for medical expenses...co-pays, prescriptions, etc...makes your money go farther.)

I had the best in home daycare and she charged $145 that included all snacks and meals. When my son was in diapers I supplied those-
$200 seems a bit high IMO

I charge $150/week in my in home daycare. Parents supply diapers and formula or breastmilk.

My website is www.lilstarsmontessori.com

$200 a week is fair. My 9 mos old goes to a Kindercare and I pay 235$ a week (they are open 6:30-6:30). I think most in home providers charge about 35-40$ a day (closer to 150$ a week).

We used to pay 300.00 a week 5 days a week 8 hours a day, that comes out to $7.50 and hour. This was in our home.

Hello K. G
It depends on what is being offered and the daily program that is available for your infant, are you looking for long term or temporary? My name is Ms Dee Dee and I currently have 2 infants in my care and a waiting list, my weekly rate is $135.00, please see the website posted under home schooling under local buisness listing on mamasource.Rates can be anywhere from $140 - $200. Research and match to your needs.
Ms Dee Dee, good luck!

1 / 3