What Is the Best SUV with 3Rd Row Seats, and Good MPG????

I need to purchase an SUV with 3rd row seats, that gets better mileage than my Suburban (14.5 mpg). I am looking for feedback on Saturn Outlook, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, etc. Uggghhhhhhh! Please help.

Hey there, I am an msn subscriber and they recently did a worst and best list of cars out there. It was a safety test, but I believe you may be able to find out more info. on each car listed. I know Nissan, Toyota, and Honda all had cars ranked in the top. For good gas milage though you may want to start looking at the hybrids. They have some really nice ones out now. Good Luck!

I love my Ford Freestyle - it is a "crossover" vehicle. My daughters call it a "mini SUV". I get about 21-22 mpg. It seats 7, but that middle seat really needs to be a kid.

We were looking at SUV's and ended up with the Honda Odyssey but I have 4 kids and run carpools my kids are bigger and they enjoy the extra room it can also seat up to 8 if I need it too but mostly I have it in the 7 passenger arrangement. It is easy to change between the two. gas mileage was disapointing maybe as high as 22mpg but mostly 20mpg which is lower than the sticker said.

My husband is in the car business. Out of the three you mentioned. The Honda Pilot. It has better mileage and the safety rating beats the Toyota and Saturn. I'm in Miami, FL and just a heads up - they've closed all of Saturn companies throughout Florida possibly because they are part of GM and are going out of business. Not only that, we test drove a Saturn Outlook and I loved it. Then a friend of mine bought one and hates it because of the fuel mileage. Have you looked into MiniVans at all? I love my Odyssey and I'm young wouldn't ever think of driving a MiniVan - but it's the best car I've ever had and great with young children. I love it because it's easy to get them in and out of the car with the sliding doors. The fuel mileage I get on it for example is from Homestead to Orlando about 400+ miles all in one fuel tank without a fill up. There are no blind spots, the insurance is cheaper on a minivan as well. and the safety rating is #1 in it's class. I'm 27 and would probably prefer an SUV too because it makes you feel younger. But test drive one - you may be surprised!!

GMC Acadia We bought ours last summer for our big move from California to New Hampshire. We love it! It has plenty of room and is very comfortable. It has a 5 star rating is safety. The gas mileage is 14 to 22 MPG. It hadles very well, has side curtain air bags as well as air bags on the seats. It's cute and cool to look at too!! LOL :)

Happily Married SAHM of 3 wonderful kids, ages 13 1/2, 8, and 20 1/2 months

I too have three terrific children ages 7, 3 and 1. We drive around happily in our toyota sienna. I can fit all three car seats across the back seat comfortably. The entire car can fit approximately 8 people. I use the vehicle for errands around town and long distance trips.

Look at Edmunds.com Great reviews.

I love my GMC Acadia.

I have a Suzuki XL7 and it has a third row. Great on gas mileage and nice on your wallet.

I asked this about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I went with the Toyota Sequoia and I am very very happy. I had a Lexus SUV before that and looked at all of theirs-- trunk space was key. The Sequoia was the best for space. And we have all the bells and whistles- gps, dvd, headphones...
Great car so far. Go drive different makes/models at a carmax. Gives you a good idea or look at them there- seats and trunks.

just got a honda pilot and love it i have three kids in car seats and it fits us all great

1 / 3