What Is Best Way to Sell Collectibles?

I have a Precious Moments collection and some collectible Barbies (NRFB) that I am interested in selling. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to sell these items? I have never used ebay or any other online program before to sell anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know a person who has a Precious Moments collection and would probably love buying them from you.

ebay: You'll probably get more people getting to look at your things, and auction bidding can go pretty high, which can help to cover your ebay fees/paypal fees etc. It is pretty easy, but you might want to start selling something else on ebay to get experience, how to take pictures, how to describe your items etc. Then, you can start to sell collectibles. Research online as to what others have done, what kind of $ they made, and go from there. You'll probably make more money on ebay, but you need to know what you are doing to get the most out of it, or you'll end up selling you stuff for cheap, and kicking yourself for it! But if you get good it this, like the other post said, you now have an 'eye' for it, go to area sales and sell them for more online....it can be profitable.

Craisglist - It's good, smaller audience, however, it's easier, no bidding system, no hidden fees. You name your price. If you want a quick unload, here's the place to do it.

So basically it depends on how much money you want to make, how quick you want to unload these, how much work do you want to put into it, or if you want to learn a new skill.

I've personally done both, depending on my need, and my answers to these above questions.

~sahmatwork

eBay is probably your best bet. It's not hard to do. Just start an account and fiddle with it. You'll figure it out.

I would suggest Craigslist...........ebay is nice, but it's going to cost you money even if it doesn't sell.........I would also look on the internet for places in your area.......like flea markets, or free classified ads where you can publish an ad to sell them.......you might even look for dealers, they might give you a decent deal....depending on what you are looking for money wise.

Good luck, be sure to check on the internet what they are worth so you don't get taken......take care.

Ebay. We had a bunch of collectible things and went on ebay. We did so well we started shopping garage sales looking for other collectibles to sell.

1 / 3