"WHAT In the WORLD Is Biting My CHILD????"

HELP!!!

About 1 month ago, my 3 year old daughter woke up with 3 mosquito bites, on her leg and ankle area. Normally as children do, she scratched them. They itched her so much, that she scratched them to the point of almost being infected. They turned into these round quarter sized "bullseye" type slightly raised leisons that are starting to scab over. I thought they may be spider bites, or ringworm, so I took her to the Dr. My daughter's have never had either, and he said it wasn't ringworm. He gave me cream FOR ringworm though, and told me to apply it with warm compresses, and call him to let him know if this works. He also prescribed Amoxicillin since one of the sores looked infected.

The three sores were healing, and this morning, she woke up with ANOTHER SORE. This starte just like the others. A red lump like mass under the skin, that turns into a mosquito type bite. I am terrified at what could be in my daughter's room biting her. I have torn off and sterilized all the sheets, her bed, pillows, did a mite treatment on the carpets and bed as well, and I just don't know what to do??

She DOES wear shorts to school (uniforms), and their playground is in the back of the school, where there are LOTS of bushes and grass areas. I am a VERY clean almost obsessive housewife, and my carpets, clothes, etc. are always clean.

I have put on Neosporin, Hydrocortizone, Benadryl, Bee Sting Zapper, Mederma, and NOTHING is making these things go away!! The cream the Dr. prescribed did start to work the following day, but it hasn't progressed since.

WHAT IS THIS????

ANYBODY?

Hello everyone, and THANK YOU so much for all of your wonderful responses. I did some research on inpantago, and I think this matches what's going on. My daughter's teacher told me that's what she thought it was a week ago, and that's what it has to be, since there are no bugs in the home. I'm still a little puzzled though, since inpantag is highly contageous, and not one of us in the house has gotten anything. Again, thanks so much for all of your wonderful responses, and I will be following up with the Dr.

When my daughter was 18 months old, this same thing happened to her. She had been bitten by a mosquito, got infected and then bumps started coming out on her just like you are describing. It was impetigo, but it was staph impetigo. I guess there can be staph or strep impetigo as Iwas reading in a little magazine published by pampers. She had been on oral antibiotics for 3 weeks and each time they'd go away for awhile and then come back. She was actually being treated by a dermatologist at the time too! When Imentioned the article about the staph impetigo it was like a light bulb went on with the dr. She changed to a different antibiotic and it cleared it right up. Hope this helps

Sounds like Impetigo- My daughter got it after getting a bee sting- very common after insect bites. The prescription we got is called Mupirocin- Its a cream you put on throughout the day and cover with bandages. It cleared it up fast! Yes it is very contagious but noone else in my house got it either. Good Luck

It seems my daughter has the same type thing, but we came to the conclusion that is was probably ants. She had them under her shin guard on 1 knee. At first we thought it was in the bed also, but ant bites seem not to appear right away. The first time I got bit it took a day before they appeared. Could it be ant bites? Just a thought. We put lotrimin on it.

My sons get spots like that and we put Tea Tree Oil on them twice a day. It may be impetigo, but it may not. Some people are just more apt to the spots. Tea Tree Oil is a natural option, it also helps soothe the itching. As an added, I have found it also works on acne. Good luck!

My daughter gets the same thing when she gets bit by a mosquito, every time! I use tea tree oil!!! You can get at any naturual food stores or vitiman supplement shop. It smells funny, but it works GREAT! Sometimes I have to cover them with bandaids to keep them from itching them. They were actually getting in through a small leak in the window at night... I swear by the tea tree oil and would HIGHLY recommend to anybody!

My son gets those!!! What he gets are most definately mosquito bites, but he scratches them and they get slightly infected. His dr said it's impetigo (?? I think that's right) and told me to keep his nails SHORT and to put neosporin on them to help them from getting big and gross. He has scratched his til bleeding and now has scars on his legs that look like chicken pox-- from BUG BITES. It's awful. I assume he'll out grow it though. My dr wasn't too concerned. Good luck!

The responses you have gotten are all very helpful, however if there is something in your childs bed itself, have you thought about having her sleep elsewhere to see if the they continue. It is just a thought and atleast you would know that the problem is in her bed and maybe she isnt pickcing it up outside. Good luck.

I use to make fun of my husband using preparation H on wounds. Once we both had a sore and I used Neosporin and he used prep H and he healed alot faster. I now have switched. Yes, I know it sounds weird but put it on a bandaid and cover the sore.

Use Avon Skin So Soft oil on your child. It's great for their skin anyway and it keeps biting insects away. 2 of my 4 kids are allergic to mosquito bites and dig them into unsightly sores that require perscription cream to heal them. Since i have been using the oil, they haven't had any problems. Anything good for your skin that is not a drug is my preference. Best of luck to you.

It very well could be mosquitos. Sometimes when they bite my daughter, they do the same thing. It's not as bad of a reaction now that she is older (6). I also took her to the doctor and he gave us a cream (RX) with hydrocortisone in it. I can only use it twice per day. All mosquitos are not the same. It is an allergic reaction for us anyway. I also had to take bug spray to school and request that the teacher spray her before they went outside to play. This helped alot!
B. B

1 / 3