What Helps Yeast Infection on a Baby BOY

one of my 7 month old twins has a diaper rash that wont go away, were 99% sure it is a yeast infection...my question is, is there something over-the-counter we can put on him or do we need a doc appt for a script?

Good old fashioned Monistat has always worked for my son.

He got them so often, I swear I'd get strange looks from the people at CVS, since I was constantly in there buying that stuff!

You can use athletes foot cream or the external cream for a woman's yeast infection,. Yeast is yeast.

For yeast infection, try Monistat
For fungal infection, try Tinactin
You can get them in creams or ointments.

When they have a bath, add some plain yogurt to their bath water.

We've had this issue a lot (two girls and a boy). If you're breastfeeding you may want to treat yourself too. There is a lot of information on this, check out Dr. Jack Newman's website or the La Leche League website. We use vinegar/water, monistat, and occasionally have had to have Rx. Devinately use probiotics, they make a powder for infants you can put in almost anything. Yogurt is good, but since sugar feeds the yeast, you don't want to get the ones that are high in sugar, get a plain variety. Also going without a diaper as much as possible helps A LOT. Just so you know, this is very normal, but certainly something you want to get rid of.

Lomatrin...we had to use that on my son when he had one...check with your pediatrician to see what amount you can use...strength etc.

Any athelets foot cream, but what I LOVE and will only use now is California Baby diaper rash cream (target, babies r us). It has tea tree oil and that kills fungus. I used it for a day it it was GONE. It was AMAZING!
Whatever route you chose, make sure you keep using the med for a week after the rash dissapears. My doctor says that fungus is notorious for hidding in the smallest places and it will come back with a vengance. So if keep applying for a week after to make sure that everything is killed and gone :D

All of the other answer are good. Nobody mentioned feeding yogurt with activated cultures. Even the Yoplait Trix, & Gogurt have them. I know you may not be feeding table food yet, but if you are.

go to the dollar store and get a tube of medication for a yeast infection. It will be about $4 at dollar general. it is the same stuff you shoot up inside for a yeast infection. but you just smooth it over the infected area. if it is yeast within about 3 to 4 hours you will notice a difference the red raw area will start to become separate little sore places instead of one big red raw place. it will only take a couple days to clear up. my son had to have it quite often when he was a baby if we used disposable diapers they gave him a rash that quickly turned into yeast infection.

How is he fed? If he is breastfed you might want to monitor your sugar intake.
Yeast thrives on sugar...all those creams do is mask the underlying problem.

I would definitely consult the Dr. before trying to self medicate w/ OTC creams.

There are many alternatives to using them. I would start by putting a few drops of tea tree oil in his bath water. And getting him on a probiotic. We used FloraBaby powder w/ our DS and he loved to eat it off a pacifier.

HTH!

1 / 3