What Happened to the Coupons in the Sunday Paper?

A while back we bought a Sunday paper and expected the Coupons in there as usual. Got home, and no coupons. This past Sunday my hubby went to the store; thinking the last time must have been just a fluke, goes through the newspaper to be sure there are coupons in there before buying, and NOPE....no coupons. What happened? Has anyone else noticed this? Where do we get our coupons now?
Some of the online coupon companies advertise "Free Coupons", but in the small print, they are going to automatically subscribe you to their company, and charge you automatically through your cell phone. OH NO they're not! Good thing we read the small print.
So, daggum, the economy is in enough trouble, along with most of us having financial issues, and coupons are somewhat a savior helping us to save a little money. Now they're not going to supply those in our Sunday paper anylonger? I emailed our newspaper along with submitting my concern about this to our local news. May be someone mentioned this somewhere that they are taking away our coupons from our paper, and I missed it.
Are any of you noticing this too?

To: The 3 M's: Those people who are selling those coupons on the net are probably the ones stealing them from the newspapers, cutting them out, and selling them.

I too think it's the Extreme Couponing thing going on. Geez....so many greedy people out there...and dishonest. oye....

JB: Thank you so much for taking the time to post the schedule! What a great help that is to all of us! You're awesome! :-D

They never have coupons on holidays.

I got the reminder from on of the many 'frugal' pages on Facebook.

Even my HUSBAND noticed they were missing. WOW!

I have worked for two newspapers. It's actually quite an operation to get all the inserts in before delivery.

It's my guess that with all they hysteria about extreme couponing, that people are helping themselves to the coupons. If someone will crawl into a dumpster to forage for coupons, they won't have any trouble taking clean ones and leaving the rest of the paper.
Specifically contact the circulation department of the paper you buy.
Hopefully there is a way to stop this happening.

Best wishes.

I can't believe I know this, but I did the coupon lady thing for awhile. YOu can get a list of which inserts are in the paper for a year in advance.

http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com/2011-sunday-coupon-ins...

Here is the one for 2011. Also, you can get online coupons like crazy at Moneysaving mom.com.

Here's Red Plum for 2012.
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?s=83beab101e7...

Relax - they don't do coupon inserts in a holiday weekend paper. Here is the schedule for the rest of the year, as published on Couponmom.com. July 3rd only had P&G coupons scheduled so if it's possible that "a few weeks ago" when you bought the Sunday paper was that weekend, that could have been what happened. I always check for schedule inserts before buying the paper. If it seems to really be a problem in your area, subscribe to your Sunday paper so that the coupons can be delivered to your door and no one can steal them

September
4 — No Inserts (Labor Day)
11 — Smart Source & Red Plum
18 — Smart Source & Red Plum
25 — Smart Source & Red Plum & Procter and Gamble

October
2 — (2) Smart Source & Red Plum
9 — Smart Source & Red Plum
16 — Smart Source & Red Plum & Procter and Gamble
23 — Smart Source & Red Plum
30 — Smart Source & Red Plum & Procter and Gamble

November
6 — Smart Source & Red Plum
13 — Smart Source & (2) Red Plum
20 — Smart Source
27 — Procter and Gamble

December
4 — Smart Source & Red Plum
11 — Smart Source & Red Plum
18 — No Inserts
25 — Procter and Gamble

A lot of times, on holiday weekends, for some reason there will be no coupons in the paper...I am not sure why. I have also noticed that there are a lot LESS coupons in the coupons packets...more mail order stuff...I think with the way the economy is going that the companies have stopped offering as many coupons because their profit margins are down so far. And there are no online and digital coupons that you can load on your store plus card...so there is not as much "need" for coupons in the Sunday papers.

They never have coupons on holidays.

There are no coupons in the Sunday Paper on Holiday weekends..

Best wishes.

The extreme couponers are probably stealing them.

One mom in Denton TX, not far from here got arrested for it. Boy she saved a lot of $$, now she has court costs, legal fees and an attorney to pay for. Hmmm.... Wonder if it was worth it???

I have home delivery of the paper and they are in my paper. I don't use them, they're usually in my recycle bin. Guess recycle bins will be the next stop for the extreme couponers.

You won't get coupons on Holiday weekends although sometimes procter & gamble will be in there. I couldn't afford delivery to my house any more so I buy at the store and I always check for coupons before I buy the paper. It seems though lately that you have to buy 2 of something to save a $1 so I usually don't buy the paper any more. I mainly buy Store brand.
I don't understand anything about extreme couponing. It sounds like a lot of work that I don't have time for.

It's a holiday weekend, so there are none this week. However, I'm sure that all the extreme couponing d-bags have stolen them. They really ruin it for everyone else, don't they?!

1 / 3