What gift should I get for a 2 year old boy's birthday?

Hi moms, My daughter has a b-day party this weekend for a 2 year old boy. I have no idea what to get him that is in a reasonable price range. I guess I can always walk through the toy department... Just curious for your thoughts!
Thank you, A.

Summary

There are lots of toddler toys available everywhere, moms suggested to check out Target, Walmart, from puzzle, crayon, trains set, to educational computer. Check out the article for more suggestions.

Thanks so much ladies! These are some great ideas. I'll keep these in mind while shopping: tool set, refrigerator magnets, balls, puzzles, and leap frog stuff. His mom was a teacher and I know they have tons of books (and toys), so it is difficult. Thanks again.

I have two boys, ages 2 and 4. Here are a few ideas:
Fisher-Price Fun 2 Imagine Cash Register
play doh with cutters
little critter books by mercer mayer
melissa and doug cutting food box
train themed items
little people play set

Have fun!

Cant go wrong with Trucks.

There are a lot to choose from in the $5 range. I find Wal-mart better than Target for this category, but either place should do the trick!

P

play doh with cutters
little critter books by mercer mayer
melissa and doug cutting food box
train themed items
little people play set

Have fun!

My favorite gift my son received for his second birthday was a set of the Leap Frog refrigerator magnets -- letters and numbers. They fit in this square that says the sound and sings. Educational -- and both my kids love them (my son is now almost 4 and my daughter just turned 2). The person that gave them to me also gave me a magnetic dry erase board in case I didn't want to put the stuff on my fridge (which we did). Great gift!

I would ask the parents of the little boy what he's currently in to. My son (2 in February) loves Thomas the Train - or any train really - cars, Elmo and anything that makes music or sings to him. There are lots of Fisher Price music players for that age that are less than $20, too.

When mine turned 2 he had already discovered Thomas and hotwheels. By the time he was 3 he'd found construction trucks and fire trucks too. He also got several car-themed wooden peg puzzles at that age too. Someone mentioned the leapfrog fridge letter thing- ours is the Word Whammer and holds 3 letters. They have one that is just for 1 letter and one that holds 4 letters too. My oldest got his for Christmas before he turned 3. My 1 yr old just got a Wash N Go by Leapfrog for Christmas. It also goes on the fridge. It holds 2 halves of vehicle magnets. I love Leapfrog stuff and they're always a hit with me the mom and my kids.

Why not get him some great books or something educational that you think he would like.

Oh this is easy....
Board puzzles are enjoyed A LOT at this age
Thomas the train
picture books
DVD of Sprout shows or Nick jr shows

HOpe this helps, if not email me back, I have more!

How about a book with lots of pictures and some good info on whatever he is interested in. That could be animals, dinosaurs, fire trucks, construction machines, farm animals, tractors, trains, ....
There are such good books for kids out there today.

Cant go wrong with Trucks.

P

1 / 3