What Gift Shall I Bring to Thanksgiving Dinner at Friend's Place?

Hi Moms,

We will come over to a good friend's place for thanksgiving dinner. Any idea about an appropriate gift? We have thought about wine but wondering other options...

Thank you~

An amaryllis flower bulb can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot. With minimal care and water it should bloom around Christmas.

A beautiful poinsettia for them to enjoy throughout the holiday season. (Make sure they keep it out of reach of small children and pets. We've never had problems with our kids trying to eat the plant.)

Movie tickets and a certificate for free babysitting.

Lotions, soaps, or candles from a specialty store.

A Christmas ornament with a theme of friendship or whatever suits your fancy. A lot of families like to put up their trees over Thanksgiving holiday.

If you like to bake, make a Swedish Tea Ring or homemade cinnamon rolls for the family to enjoy the following morning. If the lady of the house cooked all day, she might want the following morning "off-duty".

If you choose wine, you could also bring some specialty cheese and crackers.

Best wishes for a happy holiday season!

My vote goes to wine!

If you are interested I sell Partylite Candles and Accessories in Carmichael, CA and have a website you can look at. I also have many items at my house that you could purchase from me such as:
Single servings jar candles - peppermint magic, mulberry vanilla and strawberry vanilla fragrances;
Moose votive holder;
Scents of Illumination - tuscan vineyard fragrance;
Sabor Isleno Aroma Melts Warmer;
that is to name a few.
But go to my website at www.partylite.biz/tammichelemagic and look at what is there too. If I have something at home I will be more than happy to sell it to you.
Email me as soon as possible at ____@____.com and let's give you something nice to take before you go!

I have read that you should not bring floral arrangements because the hostess may have already planned these and you could throw a wrench in it. A box of sees candy or a bottle of wine , or even a nice big cake- these are all lovely gestures.
Personally I would feel weird if I were the hostess of a dinner and someone bought me movie tix, or other gifts along those lines.(but maybe thats just me!)

The point of the holiday is to enjoy a meal together and be thankful to the Lord for HIS provisions. So don't worry to much about it.

Sending a nice thank you note afterward is very appropriate.

A dessert,some flowers, or a bottle of wine are all nice. You could also call and see if your hostess would like a side dish.

Happy Thanksgiving and Blessings to your family.....

there is a yummy almond champagne, i think by willow creek. you can find it at bev more. not pricey, i think $12. it is so so so yummy. it's a nice change from wine. even those that don't like champagne like this. i'm one of them!

lot of great holiday chocolates out too. wine, chocolate a great coffee too in i nice basket or holiday gift bag?

1 / 3