What Flavor of Pedia Sure Does Your Toddler Like?

I'm asking this because I think I may need to get some for my son. He doesn't like to eat breakfast when he gets up. He only likes to drink milk. He goes to Preschool and I'm concerned with his morning nutrition. I do give him a multi vitamin everyday, so I know he gets some through that. But he's not ready to eat anything until around 11:30am. And he gets up at 6:30am.

Before I buy this stuff, I'm trying to get different parent's opinion of what their kidos like best in this drink. Please let me know so that it will help me decide on which one to try first. I'm trying not to waste money that we don't have. LOL

Thanks a bunch!

Janelle C.: No offense taken sweetie! I appreciate everyone's advice and opinions about pediasure. Everyone has great advice for me and I really appreciate the time taken to write it. :-)
I will definitely take in the advices given. There is so much to learn as parents huh. LOL

I've started my family on RELIV. It's a nutritional product that a lot of parents are boasting about. :-) My son is now taking the Kids formula, and my husband and I are taking the adult formula. So far so good. The product is grainy, but all in all it tastes good. We'll see how it goes. :-) Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to give me their input/suggestions, and advice. I really apprecite it! Bless you all!
Thanks again to everyone!!!

Hi G., I am familiar with that routine! My daughter doesn't like to eat in the mornings. I started to give her Ovaltine mixed with her milk, as it has lots of vitamins and minerals. She drinks it as hot chocolate and is cheaper than pedia sure. I have also given her the Carnation Instant Breakfasts on the recommendation of her pediatrician. She likes the chocolate and the strawberry. I feel better about giving her those, since they are full of the good stuff she needs. The ped told me not to worry about the eating in the morning, as she isn't going to let herself starve. Sometimes she will eat if she's in the mood. She likes bread with jelly in the mornings, or croissants (because they are different). Hope this helps, and best of luck to you!

Hi G.,
I'm a happy mom of 3 happy healthy tots ages 3,2 and a 10 mos. old. we make a great team, don't we? (LOL).
I give all my children this product by Reliv called Reliv for Kids. This has been recommended to me by other happy moms as well that aim to raise their children happy and healthy - like you and me. They have this drink every morning even before I get their breakfast ready. It comes in either chocolate or vanilla flavor and I mix it with their 2% milk. They love it! that is their milkshake! if your child is lactose intolerant, you can mix it with water.
There are a lot of other nutritional products out there that are good as well but what makes this different is it gives all the nutrients, vitamins, minerals in one shake a day.plus the DHA the component essential for development of the brain and body of our growing children. In other words, it is all COMPLETE BALANCED nutrition, food for our cells. any age can take it.
I prefer this product for the reason of such great results I see in my children - not fussy, happy, alert, no allergies, good appetite, energetic and have regular bowel movement. I am blessed that they have not had any major health complications like ear infections etc. since birth, in all 3 of them. As for myself, I have more energy, mental clarity and i'm losing weight :) (i gained from my pregnancies)the healthy way.
This is not available in stores like others, only thru independent distributors. I became one for the reason that this is my health commitment to my family to live well, enjoy life and share the same with others. This also allows me financially to stay home, be with the children and raise them with the same values that I grew up with. I feel like I have the best of both worlds.
You may check out the website - www.reliv.com and or you can call me at ###-###-#### if you are interested.
live. laugh. love.
Cheers to you and for good health,

My daughter likes the Vanilla only. I buy the Nutripals at Target, much cheaper. She uses them for snacks...

To be honest though, I wouldn't stress his not eating. I understand you wanting to get him nutrition, but, he may not be hungry. It is hard to see our kids eat so little when just under a year ago they ate us out of house and home!! Try not to make food an issue..he's old enough to get your anxiety about food and use it. If you are going to introduce the pediasure (nutripals) I wouldn't place any special emphasis on it...just tell him you thought he would like it and leave it.

Take Care

I personally would find a different solution for your son's nutritional needs. My nephew started drinking Pediasure at about 2 years old, when his hair started falling out from lack of nutrition. The doctor recommended it for him at the time. He sometimes still drinks it and he is six! He prefers to drink it to any foods and knows that if he doesn't eat dinner, he will get Pediasure. Yeah I wouldn't eat dinner either if I knew I would get dessert anyway!

Have you tried smoothies? How about hiding fruits and veggies in foods he does like? My daughter is 2.5 and only weighs 24lbs. Our doctor has never recommended that we give her a vitamin, let alone Pediasure. I just feel strongly that if a child is hungry they will eat. It is our job as parents to provide the most nutritious foods to them when they do request to eat something. Cut out crackers, cookies and processed foods. They seem to fill their bellies more when they are eating whole, fresh foods. It might cost a little more, but not nearly as expensive as Pediasure. I hope you don't take offense to my post, but I really wouldn't even try Pediasure since there are so many hidden sugars in it!

Have you tried to give him Carnation instant Breakfast? I did for my daughter when I weaned her at 16 months from breastfeeding. She didn't eat much for breakfast either and I was concerned. I use 1/4 cup to a tall sippy cup of milk. It has protein and vitamins etc. She likes the milk chocolate flavor. My friend tried strawberry with her son and he didn't like it. I buy it at costco or sams club because it is cheaper and I empty the packets into a container and measure it out that way. Every 2 packets make 3 sippy cups approx. She is 4 1/2 now and still likes a cup at night before going to bed.

G.,

I would really explore what is actually in those drinks before you give it to your son. Marketing can make it look like things are healthy and good when they really are not. There are a lot of hidden sugars in practically everything (even bread!), which have the unwanted side effect of lowering the immune system.

Another scary fact I have learned in the last year is that the American Heart Association, American Cancer society, American Lung assn. as well as several others, no longer reccomend the use of antioxidant vitamin supplements. Many vitamins are not bio-available, meaning your body does not absorb them. And in numerous other studies, vitamins have actually caused harm. One of the major problems is that there is no oversight in the vitamin industry. Companies are free to put in or leave out whatever they choose, as well as borrow research from anywhere they choose and apply it to their own product. Not very scrupulous, but legal.

About a year and a half ago a pediatric specialist reccomended a product called Juice Plus for my kids. Juice Plus is fruits, vegitables and grains in a capsule, chewable or gummy. It's not a vitamin (which are synthetic), it's actually food. The company grows all of their own produce, it's organic and vine ripened, and then it is superjuiced and dehydrated, preserving the nutritional essence. What is left is the nutrition from 17 different fruits, vegitables and grains. It comes to about 10 servings a day.

What is really unique about Juice Plus is all the independant research that has been done at major universities all over the world. Juice Plus studies have been published in many prestigious medical journals, such as the journal for the American College of Cardiology. Because of all the research, it's also been FDA analyzed numerous times.

After learning about all the research, and reading a lot about the state of nutrition in this country, I decided to dedicate myself to teaching others. I do wellness presentations in my home and educate people. It's very rewarding. Wether people decide to take Juice Plus, is their decision. In addition to understanding about Juice plus, I want people to take away a lot of information they can apply in their lives.

To learn more about Juice Plus, please visit my website, www.nutritionwithjennifer.com. Be sure to look under the Science of Juice plus tab. There is also another website you might find valuable, www.childrenshealthstudy.com. This is actually a non-profit informal health study. The famous Dr. Sears sits on the board. Juice Plus is dedicated to getting a million children on Juice Plus for free. Kids between the ages of 6 till the day before their 16th birthday are elligable. It's amazing to read about the impact of good nutrition on children. Let me know if you have any questions about all this.

All the best,

Hey G.,

I'd read the label before I bought Pedia sure. Lots of yucky stuff in there. I have a 4 year old daughter who isn't always ready to eat in the morning, either. She catches up throughout the day, so I don't worry too much. Does he eat well the rest of the day? Do they give him something to eat at preschool when he's hungry at 11:30? Is he underweight, lethargic, anything that would indicate he's nutritionally deprived? If not, I wouldn't sweat it. Only my opinion.

My daughter has to have two PediaSures a day because she's under weight. She really likes the banana which unfortunately doesn't come in store brands. You can also buy a can of Step 2 Formula and add a scoop to the milk and it gives it about the same nutritional value and its cheaper. A can of formula is less than $20 and Pediasure runs 6 to 10 dollars for six. My daughter is also partial to the chocolate kind. She doesn't really like the strawberry or vanilla.

1 / 3