Is your child a new 4 or turning 5 soon? So it depends. At the learning center I ran we did Abeka which is great if tought write. I worked in childcare for 5 years and have been workig with children for 15 years. I worked mainly with 4 year olds and some older 3's.
To graduate out of our 4 year old class the children had to have these mastered which all of them did at about 4 1/2.
1. Count 1-100
2. Count by 5s to 100
3. Count by 10s to 100
4. Read site/popcorn words (as, the, he, she, at, and...)
5. Simple addition 1+1 etc...
6. Color in the lines.
7. Money- quater dime knickel penny, knew value and adding together.
8. They should have cutting mastered w/o help as well as gluing objects directly on a spot indicated.
9. Should know how to write and spell first and last name.
10. Should know phone number and address at heart as well as write phone number.
If these things are worked on consistantly by the teacher then these are easy steps that should be mastered by the time of graduation.
As well as be socialy ready for the next step.