What Does This Mean? - Anaheim,CA

Hi Moms,

My dad asked me what this punctuation mark means and I have no idea, :)I know this is a strange request but I googled this and came up with nothing. Since he asked me for help, I have seen :) used in a couple of mama source responses so thought I would give it a try. My curiosity about this unknown mark is peaked. Please help, I am feeling a little ignorant.

Thanks.

It's a smiley face created by using a colon and a comma. It's not really puncuation, it's just cute and nice to see.
:) :) :)

Good Morning :)

It is not actually punctuation, it is a sideways smiley face :)

Have a nice day!

Are you talking about :) ?

If so, it's a smiley face, if you look sideways. The main affect of it shows that the writer is smiling or laughing at something that she is writing about. It can usually help the topic at times...I usually use =)

Hope this helps!
A. T

No need to feel ignorant....it's as simple as a "smiley" face! The smiley face is on it's side; on more updated computers when you use the colon and the shift key on the zero (0), the computer will actually turn the sideways smiley face into an actual smiley face symbol rightside up.

Have a great day! :)

a sideways smileyface eyes : and mouth ) :)
a wink ;)
a frown :(
somepeople put a dash between for a nose ;-) :-)

:) symbolizes a smile. If you turn or tilt your head to the left just a bit, you will see it. It is often used after a sentence that has a bit of humor or conveys friendliness.

It's a side ways smiley face.

It is a sideways smile.

it's a smiley face....different versions are ;) :0 :} :\ and so on...some people get really creative.... :>| :0/....cute...i like them......

It is a smily face. : are eyes )is mouth.
You might try turning your head sideways to see it better
Ü

is a smilley face :o)

1 / 3