What Do You Feed Your Toddler for Breakfast??

My daughter is a picky breakfast eater (well picky eater overall). I finally got her out of the Gerber Baby Oatmeal for breakfast. I've tried everything under the sun for breakfast. Pancakes, frenchtoast, waffles, eggs, omelets, sausage, lots of different kinds of cereal, toast with all different selections of stuff on it. All she would eat was the gerber oatmeal. Finally, the last 2 days, shes been eating Trix cereal, without hesitation.

What does your toddler eat?

edited: I forgot to say, she will be 2 in April.

I've tried Cocoa Wheats, Malt o Meal (whatever its called), regular oatmeal, instant oatmeal...everything.

She will occasionally eat bagels every once in awhile. And I always offer (no matter what she eats) some sort of fresh fruit for breakfast. I thought about checking into the Carnations Instant breakfast...but I figure, if right now, shes gonna eat Trix, I'll let her eat trix.

If she stays healthy, I'm all for whatever she will eat! lol

Oh yah, she absolutely HATES yogurt. I've been trying to give that to her since she turned 1. I love yogurt, so whenever I have some, I always offer it to her and she looks at me like I'm dumb! lol

if she liked oatmeal when she was a baby why don't you try the variety quaker oatmeals and see which fklavor she likes the most and give her that. Oatmeals good for them.

My son will be 2 this week! anyway, usually I make some healthy muffins. Then freeze them and thaw one each morning (bran banana and blueberry, or carrot raisin) with a side of fruit and milk.
This week we have been on a kick of Trader Joe's whole wheat waffles (the frozen ones) with peanut butter and bananas on them. Good luck!

My son has always been a super picky eater. Right now there are days when all he has for breakfast is milk. Other days he will also have some bread or a waffle or cereal (only reeses's cereal). That's it.

Dont let your toddler dictate food time. Offer different HEALTHY options, no child needs trix cereal. She can either choose a healthy option, or not eat for the time being. When she says she is hungry again, offer the same options. When she is hungry enough, she will eat what you offer her. Try more bland foods at first, like bananas and whole wheat toast. Kids arent picky eaters unless you allow them to be.

Some things I've given my girls for breakfast:
fresh fruit
dry cheerios (or with milk)
applesauce
yogurt
toast with peanut butter or jam or just a little butter to make it soft
waffles
pancakes
eggs (I pop the yolk and fry it flat, then top with a little cheese)
cereal (but I try to stay away from the ones with TOO much sugar)

If she's refusing to eat anything besides Trix from the breakfast food catagory, why not give her non-breakfast food? You say she's picky, so I'm not sure what she eats, but why not just heat up a little plate of leftovers? Or make her a peanut butter (or whatever she likes) sandwhich?

Breakfast doesn't have to be "breakfast", just so long as it's healthy and she'll eat without starting the day with a battle :o)

my daughter gets the choice of an egg (over easy, scrambled, or scrambled with cheese), a bagel with cream cheese, toast with peanut butter or cinnamon and sugar, or cereal (fruity pebbles or kix). more often than not she'll eat a bagel or cereal. right now she's more on a breakfast strike than anything. she doesn't tend to like to eat before lunch. i will put cereal out on the table (no milk) so she can munch on it, but she rarely does.

I forgot to add that my daughter is two years 3 months old.

My son is 2 and every morning he gets yogurt, cheerios, a piece of string cheese, a package of fruit snacks and a cup of juice with his liquid multi vitamin mixed in. He always eats it all is well energized throughout the day.

Yogurt, cottage cheese or cereal bars. Trader Joe's has a thick yogurt that doesn't make much of a mess.

My boys love oatmeal, but I have to have things convenient and use the Quaker ones, and they especially love the Dinosaur Eggs. (Lots of sugar, I know, don't care.)

They also like the frozen pancakes from the grocery store, sometimes more than real pancakes. My husband gives them cereal bars when he's home (I've tried to avoid that, but hey, he feeds them :), and there are times they love scrambled eggs with some fresh spinach in them. They also like yogurt and I usually mix yogurt with some real cereal instead of milk since it is less sloppy but they get both the yogurt and cereal (like Cheerios or something).

Toddler's tastes change frequently, so always offer her things she has not liked just so she continues to have a chance to like them. My boys also, of course, devour Cheerios, and that is not a bad breakfast cereal at all, so I am quite happy if they eat them most days, too.

fruit shakes, toast and butter, cheerios, frosted mini wheats, yogurt, english raisin muffins, morning star meatless sausages, granola, bananas, mangos.

1 / 3