What Do You Do with Clothes Your Kids Have Outgrown?

I have lots of clothes that my kids have outgrown and want to make more space in my home. What do you do with your old clothes? Consign them? Have a yardsale? Use an online site? I've given a great deal of them away but don't know anyone that can use the sizes I have left. Thanks!

Hello,

My name is A., I donate my cloths to Viet Nam Vet organization, Lupus organizaiton or a homeleness shelter that have familes. there are many organizations that could use the cloths.

freecycle, donate, give to friends, consign, craigslist... I am all about having someone get good use out of baby clothes as opposed to them sitting in a closet!

I give friends with smaller children first choice. Then I have a yard sale along with all the toys, books, games, etc. that they have outgrown. Then whatever is left goes to a local charity thrift store. I have friends that Ebay their clothes especially if they are formal (i.e. expensive) clothes and/or special sizes (slims & husky).

Kids Nearly New Sale at Howard County Fairgrounds!! This is an awsome sale that happens twice a year (next one is Sept 11, 2010; another will be held around April). If what you have is good quality and in good condition, you can make a fair amount of money since people coming to this sale are looking for childrens' items. I have done it once and made over $800. That said, it is a bit of work and there is a fee to participate, but for me it was well worth it, plus I was able to shop for bigger size clothing and more advanced toys for my son. Check it out!

I kept a few of the really cute baby clothes. Some of those items a few of the teddy bears are wearing right now and it's easier to wash the clothes than it is to wash some of the bears. Mostly I donate to Salvation Army or other similar charity where I can get a receipt to write it off my taxes.

I buy and sell all of my kids clothes through the Northern Virginia Clothing Exchange (www.nvce.com). Maybe there is something similar near you. I have also in the past sold clothes on craigslist and given them away on freecycle (www.freecycle.org).

I donate them to a local women/children center.

i keep some cute clothes and everything with sentimental value in a box
the others i donate,pass to friends or family or igive it in freecycle.com

I take mine to the thrift store for store credit and exchange for a bigger size. small children grow out of clothes so fast that they look new still for the most part and it is a great money saver! If I were more well off money wise I would donate them to a shelter but I personally can not afford new clothes all the time.

I don't know where you live but in the Richmond, VA area I sell a fair amount of things to Kid 2 Kid and Once Upon a Child. I think they are national chains???

1 / 3